Options affecting Leon lead times

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
Ok my dealer called today to say my car is arriving final of september, the build week is 38.

How much time the build it is for a car ?

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Ok my dealer called today to say my car is arriving final of september, the build week is 38.

How much time the build it is for a car ?

My dealer said it is usually built within 24 hours, and then sent to shipment which takes 4 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garry H bird

Oct 27, 2015
Hi Luke I have recent fount out that the toss pots have changed my original hand over date from the 15th august which I have the print out for to the 25th November not the dealer as they have been very helpful but poxy seat themselves and the dealer as hit the wall about this with the so called dealer support
they have now promised me what they call a Mobex car until hopefully my car is here for which I am hoping is sooner rather than later not a very happy bunny as I ordered the bloody thing in April this year
I could get a hand built Lambo faster than this its a shambles in my eyes one serious pissed off customer grrrrrrr

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
My dealer said it is usually built within 24 hours, and then sent to shipment which takes 4 weeks.

I think depends of the factory, i'm from Portugal and the factory is in Spain.
What i saw in the internet to build a car takes 8 hours, depends.

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
Hi Luke I have recent fount out that the toss pots have changed my original hand over date from the 15th august which I have the print out for to the 25th November not the dealer as they have been very helpful but poxy seat themselves and the dealer as hit the wall about this with the so called dealer support
they have now promised me what they call a Mobex car until hopefully my car is here for which I am hoping is sooner rather than later not a very happy bunny as I ordered the bloody thing in April this year
I could get a hand built Lambo faster than this its a shambles in my eyes one serious pissed off customer grrrrrrr

Out of interest what model/ spec did you order?

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
An update from me: build date brought forward to week 43. Could have the car by early December!

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
Had confirmation from my dealer on Friday that my 1.8Tsi FR that I ordered on 18th July is being built this week and I should have it on my drive by the middle of next month latest......... we will see! If so that would make the 12 weeks I was told at point of order................... I am so glad they talked me out of the EcoTsi because he said that they were waiting on several of those orders/builds and I would not have got mine before Jan/Feb.

Last edited:

jamietsylvester

Jul 19, 2017
Had confirmation from my dealer on Friday that my 1.8Tsi FR that I ordered on 18th July is being built this week and I should have it on my drive by the middle of next month latest......... we will see! If so that would make the 12 weeks I was told at point of order................... I am so glad they talked me out of the EcoTsi because he said that they were waiting on several of those orders/builds and I would not have got mine before Jan/Feb.

Did you select any options for this? Seems very quick to me!

compactpete

Sep 1, 2017
Those lead times are unbelievable for a mass produced car.

I would have changed my mind ten times over in between order and delivery...I ordered mine 9 days ago and should collect Wednesday..even that's to long!

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
Did you select any options for this? Seems very quick to me!

I upgraded the alloys which apparently helps, allegedly the standard FR 17 inch rims are holding builds up by a little because they can't make them fast enough, plus I opted for the Alcantara pack but apart from the Monsoon grey that was it. The Ecotsi seems to be adding 3-4 months to a build currently.

It also seems that at the moment if you opt for the 18 inch machined alloys that holds things up a bit (don't know by how much) but I opted for the new 30/3 alloys which only appeared as an option on the SEAT car configurator the week I ordered.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
I upgraded the alloys which apparently helps, allegedly the standard FR 17 inch rims are holding builds up by a little because they can't make them fast enough, plus I opted for the Alcantara pack but apart from the Monsoon grey that was it. The Ecotsi seems to be adding 3-4 months to a build currently.

It also seems that at the moment if you opt for the 18 inch machined alloys that holds things up a bit (don't know by how much) but I opted for the new 30/3 alloys which only appeared as an option on the SEAT car configurator the week I ordered.

Standard FR 17" wheels adds 8 weeks.
1.4 ECOTSI adds 8 weeks.
Summer factory shutdown added 4 weeks.

Good choice on the alcantara, I've got that on my current Leon and love it. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford it on the new one.

jamietsylvester

Jul 19, 2017

Ah right, seems like a similar options list to mine (except I've ordered leather instead of Alcantara) - I ordered on 8th July and have been told it won't be built until the last week of October!

Have you got any pictures to share? Mine is going to be Monsoon Grey too, and not seen many of them about as of yet in the facelift.

_chris_

Jul 6, 2008
in the car
Ordered my cupra sc end of July. Was told 15 weeks. Then it went to build week 45 now been told build week 8 19th Feb. Really hope this isn't the final date and it is brought forward!!

Don't know how the dealers can quote the original times when signing up for it then just let you down.

Last edited:

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
Ordered my cupra sc end of July. Was told 15 weeks. Then it went to build week 45 now been told build week 8 19th Feb. Really hope this isn't the final date and it is brought forward!!

Don't know how the dealers can quote the original times when signing up for it then just let you down.

When I spoke to the Vanarama Car leasing guy the week before last about leasing a SEAT for my wife he had a serious rant about SEAT, saying the company was losing orders because of delays across the model range he mentioned that they were getting a lot of lease orders for the Cupra but the stock 19 inch rims were taking 12 weeks alone to get as those too are not being made quickly enough to meet the demand for the car.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
When I spoke to the Vanarama Car leasing guy the week before last about leasing a SEAT for my wife he had a serious rant about SEAT, saying the company was losing orders because of delays across the model range he mentioned that they were getting a lot of lease orders for the Cupra but the stock 19 inch rims were taking 12 weeks alone to get as those too are not being made quickly enough to meet the demand for the car.

My dealer is much the same. Bewildered at the delays and said he struggles to tell customers they have to wait 30 odd weeks for what should be a mass produced car. He joked that I could get a Lamborghini quicker.

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
The waiting is closed soon, i hope :)

My build week is 38, next Week. I have the information to build a car is taking about 1 day. I live in Portugal and the factory is in spain, hope week 39 i have the car in my hands.

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
are the cars still coming out of the factory with the optional 18'' wheels? i heard seat were putting them pon cars to keep de;overy times down

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
are the cars still coming out of the factory with the optional 18'' wheels? i heard seat were putting them pon cars to keep de;overy times down

I bloody hope so haha, but I haven't heard that. I love those wheels but they're £££

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
There were a few guys on here who were told that their FR's were coming with the 18s on them......

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
There were a few guys on here who were told that their FR's were coming with the 18s on them......

Oh wow okay. Were they told about that in advance? I haven't seen anyone mention it, but I haven't read the full thread.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise