Options affecting Leon lead times

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I wonder if mine is on that boat but I've had no contact from SEAT Derby since ordering at the end of October.:confused:

Give them a call, updates are down to individual sales staff some are spot on some are not :cry:

Mine Rebecca, has just emailed me at different points since I ordered in October with updates...

Dyno2012

Nov 4, 2017
I wonder if mine is on that boat but I've had no contact from SEAT Derby since ordering at the end of October.:confused:

The chap from SEAT Derby dealing with me on the personal lease side has been really good. As always it will be down to the individual.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Gents, and any ladies amongst us.

Spreadsheet updated - HERE

Please let me know as and when you get yours. I won't be adding any new orders now, as it takes up a surprising amount of time to update it, plus the main backlog seems to be clearing, which is good news.

If anyone wants to carry on updating the spreadsheet, give me a shout and I'll email it to you.

Was hoping to report back with my "Long Term" MPG from the on-board computer but it reset itself, along with the Long Term Distance, Distance Since Refuel, Distance Since Start, MPG Since Refeul, MPG Since Start, and the trip computer. Plus the clock had reset back to 0000 :shrug: it's messed with my OCD, I wanted to keep the Long Term counters running from brand new :cry:

Anyone know why it reset? I just got into my car one morning and noticed the clock then the counters.

Last edited:

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Hi Luke, update to your sheet for mine:
Standard 17" alloys ordered, no other options...

Got the registration plate today and car due to dealer 28th Feb. Picking up 7th March on an 18 plate.

Last edited:

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
Give them a call, updates are down to individual sales staff some are spot on some are not :cry:

Mine Rebecca, has just emailed me at different points since I ordered in October with updates...

Got a call from them today to say the car has arrived at dealer. Ordered 31 October. Its come sooner than I thought so going to call VWFS and see if they'll let me return the 280 in March.

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
Gents, and any ladies amongst us.

Spreadsheet updated - HERE

Please let me know as and when you get yours. I won't be adding any new orders now, as it takes up a surprising amount of time to update it, plus the main backlog seems to be clearing, which is good news.

If anyone wants to carry on updating the spreadsheet, give me a shout and I'll email it to you.

Was hoping to report back with my "Long Term" MPG from the on-board computer but it reset itself, along with the Long Term Distance, Distance Since Refuel, Distance Since Start, MPG Since Refeul, MPG Since Start, and the trip computer. Plus the clock had reset back to 0000 :shrug: it's messed with my OCD, I wanted to keep the Long Term counters running from brand new :cry:

Anyone know why it reset? I just got into my car one morning and noticed the clock then the counters.

Have you had any issues with android auto / apple car play? Guessing it came activated etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Have you had any issues with android auto / apple car play? Guessing it came activated etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Apply CarPlay for me. No not really. It had a bit of a tizzy the other day and stopped working but I think it was my more my phone than the car.

It’s very handy. I listen to a lot of podcasts whilst driving so it’s perfect being able to control the Podcasts app via the screen. You can only use Apple Maps though, but that’s an Apple decision not SEAT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mdhayter

Nov 23, 2017
Finally been told my car has been built and is on route to the UK. I can pick it up on 19th March..

Ordered 21st November 1.2 SE Dynamic Technology sports tourer.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Had a call from Raheel (SEAT Complaints Manager for those who don’t know). He offered me a free service as a goodwill gesture.

I pointed out that others have been offered £250 to spend within the SEAT network or a cheque for £250, which he previously denied was happening, but he confirmed it was being offered but not in my case.

I explained about the spreadsheet (sad I know) and that I’d actually waited the longest so far, that I was told I’d have the car by Christmas but it was subsequently two months late and that I had to hand my old Leon back in earlier. He didn’t say much but said if I wanted the cheque he’d have to go and talk to his boss and talk to me on Friday.

Thoughts? Accept the service and be happy or push to get the cheque like others?

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Both! But if not successful then whichever is worth more, presumably the cheque.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Had a call from Raheel (SEAT Complaints Manager for those who don’t know). He offered me a free service as a goodwill gesture.

I pointed out that others have been offered £250 to spend within the SEAT network or a cheque for £250, which he previously denied was happening, but he confirmed it was being offered but not in my case.

I explained about the spreadsheet (sad I know) and that I’d actually waited the longest so far, that I was told I’d have the car by Christmas but it was subsequently two months late and that I had to hand my old Leon back in earlier. He didn’t say much but said if I wanted the cheque he’d have to go and talk to his boss and talk to me on Friday.

Thoughts? Accept the service and be happy or push to get the cheque like others?

I'm really surprised that they're making you work for the cheque as it's come so easy to others.
Personally that's what I'd be pushing for.

In terms of service do you normally go to a main dealer?

If at the end of the day all that is on offer is the service. Make sure it's the major that gets gifted as with the main dealer that can stretch from £240 upwards which gets you around the value of the cheque :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
I'm really surprised that they're making you work for the cheque as it's come so easy to others.
Personally that's what I'd be pushing for.

In terms of service do you normally go to a main dealer?

If at the end of the day all that is on offer is the service. Make sure it's the major that gets gifted as with the main dealer that can stretch from £240 upwards which gets you around the value of the cheque :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Me too. It’s a bit of an insult really. I’m over the moon with the car but SEAT themselves haven’t been great throughout. The dealer were good but SEAT no. They even pulled the deal on the finance because the build took so long, so the dealer had to cough up extra cash.

I do usually go to the main dealer but with PCH you have to anyway, according to the documents I got.

He just said “the next service” which I’ve checked and the first one is just a minor which is £169. I’m definitely going to push for the cheque. Yeah, if I have no luck with the cheque I’ll ask for the second year service.

Philh46

Dec 24, 2017
Sheffield
Will Seat CS email back what they have as the order / options ?

Will they search for my order without me giving them my SLI ? My dealer is reluctant to give me my SLI for some reason!

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Definitely push for that cheque Luke, you have had one of the longest waits of anyone on here, if not the longest!!

I've not heard from my dealer for nearly 2 weeks since we discussed keeping the car until March. Is it reasonable to expect I should have heard something about collecting it -I get the impression some people know what their 18 registration is going to be and yet its all quiet on my front

Carlosram

Sep 29, 2017
Derby
Definitely push for that cheque Luke, you have had one of the longest waits of anyone on here, if not the longest!!

I've not heard from my dealer for nearly 2 weeks since we discussed keeping the car until March. Is it reasonable to expect I should have heard something about collecting it -I get the impression some people know what their 18 registration is going to be and yet its all quiet on my front
I phoned Matt at JCB earlier this week and he said he would be emailing the registration and finance documents out before the end of this week. I believe you are picking up your car the same day as me?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise