Ibiza Fr 115

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
Well I can confirm that the standard headlights, both dipped and full beam, are S***. I'd actually say they were verging on being dangerous. Out in country roads you actually struggle to see any distance in front of the car. New Phillips Xtreme Vision bulbs are due to arrive tomorrow.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Well I can confirm that the standard headlights, both dipped and full beam, are S***. I'd actually say they were verging on being dangerous. Out in country roads you actually struggle to see any distance in front of the car. New Phillips Xtreme Vision bulbs are due to arrive tomorrow.

Should have checked "Full LED" option - Like driving behind Wembley Floodlights.

Having had 2 Toledos, 1 with Factory "Long Life" bulbs and 1 with"Full LED" it's absolutely no contest.

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
WOuld have had to wait months for that, Will change them tomorrow for Phillips Xtreme Vision +130s they should do the job

Sonofzelda

What the covfefe!
Sep 25, 2016
Rugby
No, a software developer for Windows, Linux and embedded systems; and I wrote some patents where light was involved. I did wish to become a physicist (maybe even work at CERN one day, discover new theories and particles...), but I've realized I just wasn't good enough for that.

I used to be a programmer. Do you still use punched cards? It was a nightmare if you dropped them - usually after 'lunch'. :crash:

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015

Apart from the lights, how are you finding the car otherwise, particularly compared to the Fiestas? ( Looking to downsize and the short list is pretty much Fiesta v Ibiza).

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
I had the 2015 fiesta so can't really comment on the new fiesta. However compared to my old one I find the engine very responsive, especially at the lower speeds. My fiesta was the 1 ltr 140 ps and my 115 ps Ibiza feels spritier. Generally I think it's quieter as well. The 8" audio system (without beats} is far superior in function as well as sound quality. The seats are comfortable and supportive. Generally I quit like it so far. Only had it 3 days so still getting used to it.

However on these cold mornings I do miss the Ford's quickclear windscreen.

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
I had the 2015 fiesta so can't really comment on the new fiesta. However compared to my old one I find the engine very responsive, especially at the lower speeds. My fiesta was the 1 ltr 140 ps and my 115 ps Ibiza feels spritier. Generally I think it's quieter as well. The 8" audio system (without beats} is far superior in function as well as sound quality. The seats are comfortable and supportive. Generally I quit like it so far. Only had it 3 days so still getting used to it.

However on these cold mornings I do miss the Ford's quickclear windscreen.

Thanks for that - I've had a quick test drive of the Fiesta Mk 8 and had an Ibiza Mk 6 courtesy car while the wife's Mii was in for service (and liked them both), but you can't beat actually owning a car to find out what they're really like. Hope you can provide further updates as time goes on.

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017
I used to be a programmer. Do you still use punched cards? It was a nightmare if you dropped them - usually after 'lunch'. :crash:

As far as I know punched cards aren't used anymore, but basic principles are still identical, functions, variables, and so on. Even the fancy new technologies like CUDA or AVX - it all works the same way, kind of.

One even older technology that I was surprised is still in use, are signatures. So the contract for my Ibiza, the dealership has printed out the document, then signed it with a pen, then scanned it back into computer, then emailed it to me. I've had to print it out again, then sign the paper, then scan the signed paper, then finally email it back. I think they have then printed it out again, so they have a paper with both signatures. Why does it have to be so complicated...

Sonofzelda

What the covfefe!
Sep 25, 2016
Rugby
As far as I know punched cards aren't used anymore, but basic principles are still identical, functions, variables, and so on. Even the fancy new technologies like CUDA or AVX - it all works the same way, kind of.

One even older technology that I was surprised is still in use, are signatures. So the contract for my Ibiza, the dealership has printed out the document, then signed it with a pen, then scanned it back into computer, then emailed it to me. I've had to print it out again, then sign the paper, then scan the signed paper, then finally email it back. I think they have then printed it out again, so they have a paper with both signatures. Why does it have to be so complicated...
Yeah our principles were pretty basic too - our main function was to get peed at lunchtime, the only variable being which pub to go to! :fool: :drunk:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.