Seat Ibiza FR Leather Dash

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
That's quite a worryingly long wait time. The good news is I'm almost guaranteed to get an 18 plate at that rate. The bad news is I'm not going to have a car for a while as my current insurance expires on the 1st April and I'm almost certain there's no way they'll be able to get me a car by then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it depends what engine you want. They only started making the 1.5 models in December, and so theres a long queue, I’m pretty confident the 115 tsi would be shorter than ordering a 1.5 now.

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
That's quite a worryingly long wait time. The good news is I'm almost guaranteed to get an 18 plate at that rate. The bad news is I'm not going to have a car for a while as my current insurance expires on the 1st April and I'm almost certain there's no way they'll be able to get me a car by then

Also just get your current car insured. Check with the insurance company and you can either change your car (probably cheaper) or just get refunded the months you’ve paid for in advance.

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
That's a very good point... Forgot the 1.5s haven't been out long. I will have to see what I get told next week when I order. Thanks

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
Also just get your current car insured. Check with the insurance company and you can either change your car (probably cheaper) or just get refunded the months you’ve paid for in advance.

Thanks for the advice but I'm planning on taking seats free insurance offer so unfortunately what youre saying won't be possible. I'm only 19 at the moment so my insurance is sky high and would cost me close to 2500 just to get insured on the car this year. The main reason I chose this seat was because of the years insurance

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
Thanks for the advice but I'm planning on taking seats free insurance offer so unfortunately what youre saying won't be possible. I'm only 19 at the moment so my insurance is sky high and would cost me close to 2500 just to get insured on the car this year. The main reason I chose this seat was because of the years insurance

Then you really need to look at your options again. I’m 18 myself and wanted the free insurance, however despite all the adverts for ‘free insurance’, once I had placed my order I was told the FR models don’t cover the free insurance. Check with your dealer though. Even if you do, you will have a black box being 19. Lucky for me, my insurance will only be £500 more than what I pay right now, which is £1009. Your insurance seems very high, considering I was in an accident whih was ‘my fault’ for £1000+ damages.

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
Then you really need to look at your options again. I’m 18 myself and wanted the free insurance, however despite all the adverts for ‘free insurance’, once I had placed my order I was told the FR models don’t cover the free insurance. Check with your dealer though. Even if you do, you will have a black box being 19. Lucky for me, my insurance will only be £500 more than what I pay right now, which is £1009. Your insurance seems very high, considering I was in an accident whih was ‘my fault’ for £1000+ damages.

One of the first things I did was check with the dealer to make sure as it wasn't entirely clear to me but he confirmed the insurance is available across the whole Ibiza line if you take out the 48 month PCP. As for the high insurance cost, my area is absolutely terrible for insurance as there was quite a lot of false claiming going on by scammers, so my area is now classed as high risk. I currently have a black box in my car and whilst I don't like it, I'm willing to put up with one for a year if it saves me 2.5k

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
One of the first things I did was check with the dealer to make sure as it wasn't entirely clear to me but he confirmed the insurance is available across the whole Ibiza line if you take out the 48 month PCP. As for the high insurance cost, my area is absolutely terrible for insurance as there was quite a lot of false claiming going on by scammers, so my area is now classed as high risk. I currently have a black box in my car and whilst I don't like it, I'm willing to put up with one for a year if it saves me 2.5k

That’s very interesting, not sure why my dealer said I can’t have it but either way I’m not too fussed. Your insurance sucks then :( If you’ve already got one then it’s 100% worth going for, as you say, saving yourself 2.5 grand.

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
Your dealer could be wrong?

http://www.seat.co.uk/offers/new-cars/new-ibiza/free-insurance-offer.html

Free on all models unless on a PCH.

Lol that's exactly why I had to make sure with my dealer, that bit confused the hell out of me too. If you re-read it though, you can see that what it's saying is if you are doing PCH, Its only available on the SE design. If you are doing PCP however, there is no restrictions on which one you go for. If you have a look on the Ibiza product page where it shows all the trim levels with the offers for each, you will see that the free insurance is advertised on every single trim level.

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
Lol that's exactly why I had to make sure with my dealer, that bit confused the hell out of me too. If you re-read it though, you can see that what it's saying is if you are doing PCH, Its only available on the SE design. If you are doing PCP however, there is no restrictions on which one you go for. If you have a look on the Ibiza product page where it shows all the trim levels with the offers for each, you will see that the free insurance is advertised on every single trim level.

That’s good! I ordered in October so I’m not sure if the T&Cs are different. Either way I don’t really want a black box and it’s only £500 extra.

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
That’s good! I ordered in October so I’m not sure if the T&Cs are different. Either way I don’t really want a black box and it’s only £500 extra.

Yep the link camelspyyder sent with the terms on shows that it applies to orders from 5th December to April so there was probably different terms when you ordered. If I was in your position I'd probably also just get my own insurance. Count yourself lucky because you get it stupid cheap, especially considering you've been in an accident. I payed 2.5k on my 2002 mk4 1.4 polo for my current insurance with a box and my renewal was showing at a 3.5k renewal for next year, hence my new car search. The free insurance is one of the most appealing bits of the Ibiza for me, aside from it being the best looking car in its class (imo) with brilliant tech. It's a massive step forward from my polo anyway. Black boxes are ok as long as the data it sends back to your provider is accurate. I've seen a load of bad reviews from people using LVs Smart Wheels insurance saying it said they were speeding when they wernt or that they were driving when the car was turned off because they were at work, which led to the insurer cancelling their insurance as they were being fed false data from the box. As long as the Seat box is decent which I think it will be as it's from the VW group, it should be fine. It massively reduces the amount of young idiotic driving anyway as everyone's too scared for their insurance to get cancelled.

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
The Seat insurance should be a lot better, afterall, it can’t get any money from you, whereas an insurance company can. The only threat I see is your insurance being cancelled. Though I suspect this would take a good deal to get, as they won’t want you to have to give up the car.
Is there no other address you can put the car at, perhaps grandpartents or something.

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
The Seat insurance should be a lot better, afterall, it can’t get any money from you, whereas an insurance company can. The only threat I see is your insurance being cancelled. Though I suspect this would take a good deal to get, as they won’t want you to have to give up the car.

Is there no other address you can put the car at, perhaps grandpartents or something.

That's a good point. Though if they cancel my insurance I wouldn't really have to give up the car. I'd still be making payments on it as the car and the insurance aren't really tied in. The insurance is kind of seperate from the car. I'd just have to go out and pay for my own insurance. I could put down a false address but with something like insurance, I son want to put false details as they will use any excuse possible to avoid paying out. The second they realise my address is not correct, they will not pay out. There's also the added cost of having to pay for business use as I've got to travel to different sites from work. This normally as DDS on 1-200 to the cost.

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
That's a good point. Though if they cancel my insurance I wouldn't really have to give up the car. I'd still be making payments on it as the car and the insurance aren't really tied in. The insurance is kind of seperate from the car. I'd just have to go out and pay for my own insurance. I could put down a false address but with something like insurance, I son want to put false details as they will use any excuse possible to avoid paying out. The second they realise my address is not correct, they will not pay out. There's also the added cost of having to pay for business use as I've got to travel to different sites from work. This normally as DDS on 1-200 to the cost.

If you’re thinking down that route best to get some gap insurance. Make sure you negotiate the price on this as it’s really flexible and dealers set their own prices. My dealer told me my gal was on offer for the week only, yet i still got it £80 below that price by simply emailing and asking my dealer. Easy really.

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
If you’re thinking down that route best to get some gap insurance. Make sure you negotiate the price on this as it’s really flexible and dealers set their own prices. My dealer told me my gal was on offer for the week only, yet i still got it £80 below that price by simply emailing and asking my dealer. Easy really.

I went through Carwow and they are getting me a hell of a deal. Dealers said they couldn't beat it as it was about 4k under MSRP but now the spec I want is a little different to the one specced on Carwow as I originally forgot to choose the LED headlights and led sidesills and I had specced alcantara interior which is now not an option. Im also interested in getting dual zone climate control. I told my dealer and we are meeting next week so I will have to try and haggle him down. At the end of the day if I can't get the spec I want in my budget, I'm walking away so it's a lost sale for them.

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
I went through Carwow and they are getting me a hell of a deal. Dealers said they couldn't beat it as it was about 4k under MSRP but now the spec I want is a little different to the one specced on Carwow as I originally forgot to choose the LED headlights and led sidesills and I had specced alcantara interior which is now not an option. Im also interested in getting dual zone climate control. I told my dealer and we are meeting next week so I will have to try and haggle him down. At the end of the day if I can't get the spec I want in my budget, I'm walking away so it's a lost sale for them.

Good, go in there with a solid plan of what you want, and how much you want to pay. Full LED is a must!

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
Good, go in there with a solid plan of what you want, and how much you want to pay. Full LED is a must!

I'm kind of worrying a little now to be honest with you about whether I'm going to be accepted because of credit. I've not got the best credit score but not the worst either. Something tells me I'm going to go in demanding the world and get denied what I want and end up coming out with a base FR. To be honest the only things I absolutely want is the headlights and a FR with DSG. The rest are all just little bonuses that I can live without. Not done this car finance thing before as I'm only 19 and been driving for about 9 months so not sure what to expect.

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
I'm kind of worrying a little now to be honest with you about whether I'm going to be accepted because of credit. I've not got the best credit score but not the worst either. Something tells me I'm going to go in demanding the world and get denied what I want and end up coming out with a base FR. To be honest the only things I absolutely want is the headlights and a FR with DSG. The rest are all just little bonuses that I can live without. Not done this car finance thing before as I'm only 19 and been driving for about 9 months so not sure what to expect.

How much deposit have you put down? Im 18 with no credit history at all, so not great. I put down £2500 along with the seat £1500 contribution, making it £4000. Good deposit. I only work at Tesco but was accepted virtually instantly, I guess Seat expects a young target audience on the ibiza.

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
How much deposit have you put down? Im 18 with no credit history at all, so not great. I put down £2500 along with the seat £1500 contribution, making it £4000. Good deposit. I only work at Tesco but was accepted virtually instantly, I guess Seat expects a young target audience on the ibiza.

I'm only putting down 1500 but current offers mean seat is putting down 2500 so it'll be 4000 for me also. I've not got too bad credit history as I've had my phone contract I've been paying for a long with insurance and I make all my payments on time. My credit score is quite a bit above my area and the UKs average so it can't be too bad I suppose. I agree with you on seats target audience though which should make the process a lot more easy and lenient.

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
I'm only putting down 1500 but current offers mean seat is putting down 2500 so it'll be 4000 for me also. I've not got too bad credit history as I've had my phone contract I've been paying for a long with insurance and I make all my payments on time. My credit score is quite a bit above my area and the UKs average so it can't be too bad I suppose. I agree with you on seats target audience though which should make the process a lot more easy and lenient.

That’s a good deposit! Yeah I cannot see any reason why you wouldn’t get accepted, if you’ve got higher than the average, surely you’d have a good credit history! You’re driving time shouldn’t effect it either.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.