Leather Interior & Alacantara option removed for FR?

seatibizaking

Dec 5, 2017
I ordered mine originally in Sept then again in Nov it dropped off the configuration in Dec, so hope they honour any cars which choose it. It one option I wanted on this car, I’m not accepting anything less than the spec I ordered. Even with a heavy discount.

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
I suppose it’s possible that the option disappeared from their internal system before it disappeared from the web configurator, and so it just wasn’t there for them to select when processing the order...?
The option was removed from both SLI and the configurator on 21st December. Orders (correctly ;) ) placed before then were supposed to be unaffected.

For reasons I never really understood when ordering an Ibiza FR with Alcantara we had to tick the box for the standard cloth interior on the colours/trims page, and then tick the box for the Alcantara on the options page, so it would be surprisingly easy to miss.

Last edited:

seatibizaking

Dec 5, 2017
Has anyone had delivered since with Leather ? This year ? Scrogg what spec have you got ? Do you have one on order ?

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
I've never seen a new Ibiza FR with Alcantara - and likely never will now.

We used to sell loads of the previous shape Ibiza SC with it, but for some reason had no interest with the new shape.

Last edited:

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
We have an Arona FR Sport in the showroom with the Alcantara seats and (p)leather dash, and it does look good :thumbup:

I've also seen a couple of Ibiza XCELLENCE with the same upholstery, just not an Ibiza FR

seatibizaking

Dec 5, 2017
Oh right so you work for Seat ? Well fingers crossed mine will come ok correct spec otherwise will be the second car with wrong spec. Wasted 6 months waiting.

Last edited:

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
Possibly an unfair question Scrogg, and I don’t want to put you on the spot so please feel free to say if you’d rather not answer. I won’t be offended :) But, if it is a genuine mis-build (or, I guess, even a dealer error), in your experience is the offer of a £250 goodwill gesture a fair one? I’m inclined to think yes, though perhaps a bit on the low side. Hence my thought that it’d be better for me, and cheaper for them, to ‘give’ me one of the other options I’ve selected rather than the £250 in cash. Appreciate your thoughts!

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
I've never seen a new Ibiza FR with Alcantara - and likely never will now.

We used to sell loads of the previous shape Ibiza SC with it, but for some reason had no interest with the new shape.

That does seem odd; it wasn’t a particularly expensive option. Not when you see how much Audi charge for (admittedly real part leather)the Alcantara option!!

seatibizaking

Dec 5, 2017
Maybe that’s why prob didn’t make any money on it seen few on autotrader with leather but not the spec I want

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
I would want double or £1000 off lol or free car ?

Haha possibly; I’m not that bothered though, it’s just the ‘fairness’ of the situation that matters to me. I don’t want to screw the dealer or SEAT; might need them again! But in parallel I don’t want to be short changed either.

And I don’t have any data points...despite having ordered over 20 new cars over the years only one has been misbuilt until now. And that was a Renault Megane that came with leather and 17” wheels when I hadn’t ordered them (a luxury pack!). So in that situation Renault let me have them for nothing. Compensation clearly not offered or requested, even though in hindsight I must have spent more on tyres as a result ;)

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Even on Arona configuration you can’t select leather now
There are no options on Arona (other than Alarm on SE and Space Saver Spare Wheel across the range) so you can't actually select anything.

FR Sport and XCELLENCE Lux have alcantara as standard, but none have full leather.

seatibizaking

Dec 5, 2017
Anyway will keep you updated mine should arrive next week in the UK, anyway they can check it before it arrives at the dealer ?

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Not without physically looking at the car, no.

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Peter.... has yours turned up at Johnsons Liverpool? Mine may be on the same lorry.

I ordered mine with the leather/alcantara interior, I made it clear to my dealer that this was the main reason for a factory order. If mine turns up without this after my dealer confirmed it would have it I will be cancelling.

I could of bought one months ago if this was the case so a waste of over 4 months struggling with no car.

Last edited:

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
Eveyone calm down! I’ve seen lots of FR models with the Alcantara trim and dashboard being sold and in showrooms. Everyone should get theirs!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.