Digital Dash

hybrid713

Aug 18, 2015
The digital cockpit looks great and the concept means potential the customize the designs etc. However not sure if it's done deliberately by manufacturers but Audi/VW won't allow you to access Google Map/Waze on the DC - it's only reserved for the central screen. Until that day comes, it doesn't serve any practical use imo and not sure if it's worth paying for. Especially when the Leon has one of the best looking analogue dials.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
The digital cockpit looks great and the concept means potential the customize the designs etc. However not sure if it's done deliberately by manufacturers but Audi/VW won't allow you to access Google Map/Waze on the DC - it's only reserved for the central screen. Until that day comes, it doesn't serve any practical use imo and not sure if it's worth paying for. Especially when the Leon has one of the best looking analogue dials.

This is why I’m not too bothered I wasn’t able to get mine with digital cockpit. I use Maps/Waze and if it doesn’t display in the cockpit, then I’d be using it in analogue dials mode anyway. Saved myself £400 :p

CDiver

Feb 2, 2018
As an update to this, I took delivery of my SC 300 on Wednesday and it came with the digital cockpit. This is despite being told by the dealer that it wouldn't.

CDiver

Feb 2, 2018
I took a cancelled order on lease as I didn't have time to wait, so unsure as to the order date. However you would think that any delivered after this point would have it unless they are running 2 assembly lines?

Dyno2012

Nov 4, 2017
I took a cancelled order on lease as I didn't have time to wait, so unsure as to the order date. However you would think that any delivered after this point would have it unless they are running 2 assembly lines?

Ah, OK. Mine was delivered to dealer this week, for collection March 1st, so assuming it will have new dash.

CDiver

Feb 2, 2018
Ah, OK. Mine was delivered to dealer this week, for collection March 1st, so assuming it will have new dash.

It was probably on the same boat so you'd have to think it will. I thought I want that bothered either way but in retrospect I'm really glad I got it. It's really crisp and clear. Also I love gadgetry in all its forms. I have no idea why I need to know g force but I like that I know anyway.

silles

May 4, 2017
As an update to this, I took delivery of my SC 300 on Wednesday and it came with the digital cockpit. This is despite being told by the dealer that it wouldn't.

how is the digital dash? is it any good? mine is still 18 weeks away so pretty sure it will be dd

CDiver

Feb 2, 2018
how is the digital dash? is it any good? mine is still 18 weeks away so pretty sure it will be dd

I really like it. It's useful to have additional info displayed in the centre of the gauges, I have mpg and range on mine. Also like being able to use the centre between the gauges as there are loads of options of what it displays. But mostly it just looks really cool.It's very high definition, my mate showed me the digital dash in his Volvo and it doesn't compare.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
I really like it. It's useful to have additional info displayed in the centre of the gauges, I have mpg and range on mine. Also like being able to use the centre between the gauges as there are loads of options of what it displays. But mostly it just looks really cool.It's very high definition, my mate showed me the digital dash in his Volvo and it doesn't compare.

Pics/video?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wilbo

Jan 14, 2018

Do you know if it changes when you are using apple car play / android auto? I.e Can you use Waze on it or only the Seat navigation? Would be great if you could add a video showing a demo of the functions.

CDiver

Feb 2, 2018
Do you know if it changes when you are using apple car play / android auto? I.e Can you use Waze on it or only the Seat navigation? Would be great if you could add a video showing a demo of the functions.

I haven't tried android auto yet, I'll give it a go tomorrow and see what it can do.

silles

May 4, 2017

can u change the speedo between mph/kmh? sometimes I do some driving in europe and that would be handy

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Seat Nav only

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

wilbo

Jan 14, 2018
This. Also a little disappointed that auto only seems to work if it's connected with USB.

Isnt that the same with android auto in any car. That it wants the phone to be connected, so you can't use it whilst driving. Shame it can't show on the digital dash though

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
This. Also a little disappointed that auto only seems to work if it's connected with USB.
That's more of a Google thing as they haven't released it yet, although it's capable.

You'd also need to spec with a head unit capable of WIFI, like the Navigation High.

It was mentioned on here that that maybe standard from the summer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.