Beats Audio

LeeT91

Jan 15, 2018
West Calder
Has anyone got any photos of the beats system? I’ve seen one photo and that’s the one on the configurator. I’d love to know what the sub and the other speakers look like really. Thanks :)

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017
I'll see if I can take some pictures over the weekend. In short, speakers in the doors cannot be seen (... easily, without disassembling the doors), tweeters in A-pillars are shown on the picture in the configurator, sub is a plastic round thing the size of a spare tire. Electronics and sub speaker itself cannot be seen (... easily).

Otherwise the sound is excellent, except in think the sub is on the small side so it's more boomy instead of deep and accurate; but maybe I'll get used to it.

LeeT91

Jan 15, 2018
West Calder
I'll see if I can take some pictures over the weekend. In short, speakers in the doors cannot be seen (... easily, without disassembling the doors), tweeters in A-pillars are shown on the picture in the configurator, sub is a plastic round thing the size of a spare tire. Electronics and sub speaker itself cannot be seen (... easily).

Otherwise the sound is excellent, except in think the sub is on the small side so it's more boomy instead of deep and accurate; but maybe I'll get used to it.

Brilliant! I look forward to whatever you manage to post :happy:. I've already got some decent speakers in my current car with a 150W subwoofer so I'm hoping it'll at least be better than what I currently have seeing as it's supposedly a 300W sub.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Brilliant! I look forward to whatever you manage to post :happy:. I've already got some decent speakers in my current car with a 150W subwoofer so I'm hoping it'll at least be better than what I currently have seeing as it's supposedly a 300W sub.

Is it really a 300W sub? I was under the impression it was a 300W system spread out over the 6 speakers and 1 sub.

According to Seat

The New SEAT Ibiza presents a partnership with Beats audio sound system, a brand bringing energy, emotion and excitement that has changed the way people listen to music. It uses a digital signal processor (DSP), seven premium speakers and an eight-channel with 300W amplifier.

I do wonder 8 channel AMP, but there are only 6 speakers + 1 sub...maybe the sub gets 2 channels!

I currently have the previous Gen Ibiza with 'Seat Sound System' 6 speakers with 1 sub + amp. Nobody seems to know the output of the amp. I'm just gonna assume it has the same amp as the Leon, which is 135 watts.

LeeT91

Jan 15, 2018
West Calder
Is it really a 300W sub? I was under the impression it was a 300W system spread out over the 6 speakers and 1 sub.

According to Seat

The New SEAT Ibiza presents a partnership with Beats audio sound system, a brand bringing energy, emotion and excitement that has changed the way people listen to music. It uses a digital signal processor (DSP), seven premium speakers and an eight-channel with 300W amplifier.

I do wonder 8 channel AMP, but there are only 6 speakers + 1 sub...maybe the sub gets 2 channels!

I currently have the previous Gen Ibiza with 'Seat Sound System' 6 speakers with 1 sub + amp. Nobody seems to know the output of the amp. I'm just gonna assume it has the same amp as the Leon, which is 135 watts.

It’s what it implies on page 4 of the price list. 6 speakers, an amp(doesn’t state that) but I’m sure I read that somewhere and a 300W sub - must be a **** up in the information somewhere. Perhaps there’s a dealer on here that can shed some light?

I’d post the link to the price list but I haven’t posted enough times yet :(

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
It’s what it implies on page 4 of the price list. 6 speakers, an amp(doesn’t state that) but I’m sure I read that somewhere and a 300W sub - must be a **** up in the information somewhere. Perhaps there’s a dealer on here that can shed some light?

I’d post the link to the price list but I haven’t posted enough times yet :(

It's true, I had a look, on price lists, just states '300W subwoofer.'

I wonder if they meant 300W + subwoofer

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
I was in the showroom yesterday as my car was in getting the seat belts fixed and one of the Ibizas there had the beats. Had a listen briefly and while it sounded good, other then too much bass, I didn't think it sounded that much better than the standard system in my FR. I have to say that I am pretty impressed with the standard set up, its certainly the best I have had in any car. It sounds very open, clean and detailed with sufficient bass to carry things along nicely.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I was in the showroom yesterday as my car was in getting the seat belts fixed and one of the Ibizas there had the beats. Had a listen briefly and while it sounded good, other then too much bass, I didn't think it sounded that much better than the standard system in my FR. I have to say that I am pretty impressed with the standard set up, its certainly the best I have had in any car. It sounds very open, clean and detailed with sufficient bass to carry things along nicely.

I hope so too, I'm still in a right toss up on which Seat I will get come replacement time end of the year.

Either Seat Ibiza FR 115 DSG or 1.5 Evo
Or Arona FR Sport 115 DSG or 1.5 Evo
or Seat Leon FR 1.5 EVO DSG (whenever it's realeased).

Leaning towards Arona, BUT...no option for 'better' sound system..on FR I should really bring my CD and test them shouldn't I? I think I'll do that this weekend at Westfield West London.

rustyd0g

Jul 31, 2017
Edinburgh

I haven't ordered the Beats system either so it's good to hear you like the standard system.

What was the problem with your seat belts?

Last edited:

LeeT91

Jan 15, 2018
West Calder

You must be able to adjust the levels to suit though through an equaliser? Usually there are presets built in also so you can just select which you need without putting loads of time in to get it how you want.

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017
Yes, there is a 3-band equaliser. An optimal setting for bass seems to be "a bit too much when engine is idle or off, approximately proper amount when driving (because of engine and tire noises)".

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Oh, only 3 equalizer settings?

On my current car, there are def more than 3. I think either 5 or 6 bands. Plus another menu for 'subwoofer level'.

I wonder if the Beats had their sub level on 6 or something.

I usually have mine on level 2-3, and people sitting in on the back seat, can feel the 'thump' from the boot mounted sub.

I've got the Seat Sound System on Ibiza SC (previous model).
No idea on amp power (apparently it has one, but I can't seem to find it).

On the Beats in the Arona, the amp is under the passenger seat, and it's quite large, about the size of a ream of 500 A4 paper. New Ibiza, I have no idea, haven't seem one in showrooms yet with Beats...

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017
Finally managed to take some pictures yesterday...

No pictures of the front speakers - there's just nothing to see, as they are hidden behind plastic grilles. In my opinion they sound very good, so you are not likely to want to replace them anyway.

Subwoofer
https://photos.app.goo.gl/eLngN0C7WXn8Ylwl1
The white stripes might be some kind of noise dampening material. Not sure what the other small bits are... guess I should read the manual again.

Radio settings - adjusting balance left/right/front/rear
https://photos.app.goo.gl/tFznWPaC6xWePXBH3

Equaliser
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mC6mrg12KobRbUcp2

More sound settings
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bBhrYARuUYqsFWF33

More sound settings #2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/37uw1XptcjQLXZ5u2

And now, something completely different - I've got a cheap head-up display from DX:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3YQNA00YnBfoZ4lt1
I think it should look better when it's more dark outside? If it doesn't, this is the bare reflection from the windshield; there is additional piece of plastic that can be glued to it if needed. This is the model that doesn't need OBD2 port, displays only speed and rough direction (N/S/E/W), and beeps if preset speed is reached.

(How do I get images to show without links? IMG tag shows nothing. Is that a problem on Google's side, where I keep my pictures?)

Last edited:

LeeT91

Jan 15, 2018
West Calder
Thanks for the photos! I wasn't expecting the sub to look like that, I was expecting it to at least look upmarket. :confused:

With regards to the HUD system it'll definitely look better and be of more use in the dark as it'll be easier to read. I've always fancied one so I might pick one up in anticipation of my car coming

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
I wasn't expecting the sub to look like that, I was expecting it to at least look upmarket. :confused:
Why?

It's hidden away under the boot floor taking up zero space. Why do you need to see it?

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017
After driving for about an hour with the HUD... I don't like it. :( It just makes the road more difficult to see, while providing little to no useful information. Maybe I'll try moving it around to some better position, I already did and it was still annoying.

To be fair, it was cheap, the numbers are easy to see, it's accurate, it acquires GPS signal very quickly. Also make sure to get some double-sided sticky tape, as the provided rubber holder is totally non-sticky.

Last edited: