75hp performance

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Out of curiosity, what car / engine combo did you have before? Don't say Cupra?

1.2/105 6speed. The difference being the 4 banger had useable torque, although it was just as incapable of getting near the claimed mpg.

I wont have another small displacement petrol turbo that's for sure.

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
...I wont have another small displacement petrol turbo that's for sure.

The problem with that is, that’s the way all manufacturers are going. A BMW 318 has a three cylinder engine. Even a Range Rover or Merc S Class now comes with a 2 litre 4 cylinder engine... and usually the torque’s there, just rev it a bit more :p

Hav8ng said that, the sound of the straight 6, even if it is turbo’ed, in the 235 always makes me smile as it whips round to the 7k rpm red line :)

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
The problem with that is, that’s the way all manufacturers are going. A BMW 318 has a three cylinder engine. Even a Range Rover or Merc S Class now comes with a 2 litre 4 cylinder engine... and usually the torque’s there, just rev it a bit more :p

Having said that, the sound of the straight 6, even if it is turbo’ed, in the 235 always makes me smile as it whips round to the 7k rpm red line :)

I take it Mrs Peter doesn't bitch moan panic and cry if you give the motor a few revs then? :)

Having said that a turbo 1.0 is not going to behave like a turbo 3.0 is it?

The trouble with the 1.0TSi is until the boost comes in, it's so small it makes only about 40bhp. Remember how slow a Mini 850 or Ford Anglia was? It feels pathetic.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.