New Cupra Brand - query

Per

Dec 19, 2017
Will the new Cupra brand apply to cars ordered after 22nd Feb or delivered after 22nd Feb?

I'm due to pick up my ST 300 4drive on 2nd March (can't do 1st March as away on training course!) and was wondering if the new car would be Cupra branded or will it still be Seat?

EDIT - I think I have answered my own question - Cupra brand to be launched at Geneva show in March so March deliveries of cars won't be Cupra branded!

Last edited:

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Will the new Cupra brand apply to cars ordered after 22nd Feb or delivered after 22nd Feb?

I'm due to pick up my ST 300 4drive on 2nd March (can't do 1st March as away on training course!) and was wondering if the new car would be Cupra branded or will it still be Seat?

EDIT - I think I have answered my own question - Cupra brand to be launched at Geneva show in March so March deliveries of cars won't be Cupra branded!
Yeah I imagine we won't see Cupra branded cars until the second half of the year, at the earliest.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Got a 300 on order to replace existing 290 when lease runs out, I hope it isnt this brand , as the badge looks stupid.

tak-fr

Dec 3, 2017
First time of hearing this Cupra branded as how Citroen have the DS branding seperate?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

tak-fr

Dec 3, 2017
First time of hearing this Cupra branded as how Citroen have the DS branding seperate?

Never mind I have answered my own question with a thing called Google.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
If the Leon Cupra 300 becomes the Cupra Leon on 22nd Feb with a peak at Geneva (along with Cupra Ateca and any other surprises) then I'd suspect a model year change at the usual VAG time. (Open to order week 16.. all bodies built from week 22 onwards).

Guess it's up to Seat when it wants to release to market. Leon Cupra might remain until the MK4 arrives.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Just a thought but will the Cupra brand be available at all SEAT dealers or will there be a select few that are allowed to sell and service them ?

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
Just a thought but will the Cupra brand be available at all SEAT dealers or will there be a select few that are allowed to sell and service them ?

As they are only changing the badges I can't see why only certain dealers could service them, surely the mechanicals will be the same as today. Y

You'd of thought SEAT would of observed and learnt from Citroën as the DS rebrand as not exactly worked out to increase sales that well. Most people have never heard of Cupra, a few people have asked me what my car is as they've not seen a SEAT Cupra before and I have to tell them it's a sporty version of the Leon.

Will they remove the SEAT badges and replace them with the new Cupra ones?

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
Yes, it will be a separate brand - wouldn't expect any SEAT references anywhere on the car.

Except all the vw group logos on most parts in the engine bay and around the car. These brand rebadges fool no one I'm very suprised they've done it considering that Cupra has so little market and hardly anyone knows of it.

JimH

Cupra 300 ST DSG 4Drive
May 23, 2015
Norwich, UK
This looks like it’s already been designed to fit in the existing “S” badge places.....

screen-shot-2017-08-10-at-17.01.08.jpg

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
These brand rebadges fool no one I'm very suprised they've done it considering that Cupra has so little market and hardly anyone knows of it.

If it is anything like ABARTH - it will allow them to create cars that the mainstream brand wouldn't normally build.

Who would have thought a few years back that a Fiat 500 would end up with 180hp

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yeh dealers already know. This has come from a good pal of mine who's senior management at a dealer.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.