Hello from a newbie - and a quick question ;)

Teepee

Feb 17, 2018
Oxfordshire
A quick note to say hello to everyone on the forum...

Have a cupra 300 on order and have been following the forum wih some interest and thought it was about time that I formally joined :D

Ordered on 2nd September and finally now in the U.K. and expecting call from dealer on Monday to confirm timings for March delivery.
My question is about the Leon FR that I have on PCH through VWFS. I have a stone chip on the bonnet and wonder if it’s worth paying for a respray (£240)? Does anyone have an idea what the BCA chaps would try and charge for this?

Apologies if that has been asked a million timea before:(

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
Absolutely not, don't pay for a respray, how big is the chip? Most likely it is covered under the wear and year guidelines.

Last edited:

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
A quick note to say hello to everyone on the forum...

Have a cupra 300 on order and have been following the forum wih some interest and thought it was about time that I formally joined :D

Ordered on 2nd September and finally now in the U.K. and expecting call from dealer on Monday to confirm timings for March delivery.
My question is about the Leon FR that I have on PCH through VWFS. I have a stone chip on the bonnet and wonder if it’s worth paying for a respray (£240)? Does anyone have an idea what the BCA chaps would try and charge for this?

Apologies if that has been asked a million timea before:(
I think a stonechip would just be classed as fair wear and tear tbh mate.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Just buy a touch up stick from Halfords and put a blob of paint on it.

As said stone chips, are part of normal driving unless there are so many the bonnet and bumper look they have been pebble dashed!! :D

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Stone chips should be considered as normal wear and tear. I doubt any car is returned at end of lease without a few stone chips. Whatever you do, don’t pay £240 for a bonnet respray!

If it really bothers you, as others have suggested, get a touch up paint pencil and touch it in yourself.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
If it really bothers you..whoops wheel fix it in Hendon can probably do a excellent job for about 80 exc VAT...I went there as I had a deep scratch on the bumper...now can't see where it was..my scratch was about size of a usb c port. So was visible

I had perhaps 6_7 of these chips...tried to do touch up paint..made it more obvious...When they came to collect and inspect they didn't say Anything

Last edited:

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Just buy a touch up stick from Halfords and put a blob of paint on it.

As said stone chips, are part of normal driving unless there are so many the bonnet and bumper look they have been pebble dashed!! :D
Pebble dashed? Best I get a touch up pen for the loo!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Theyre really not gonna be fussed with a stone chip. Normal wear and tear

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Teepee

Feb 17, 2018
Oxfordshire
Thanks all for the advice. Think I’ll leave it be and see what plays-out. Will share back once the inspection has taken place (likely to be in a couple of weeks time).
Looking forward to contributing to a few threads when the cupra arrives!

weasley

May 19, 2017
South Oxfordshire
Look at the car return guidelines. Any damage that is down to the metal is usually considered to be outside of the wear and tear guidelines and may attract a charge. I once got charged for a small bird poo etch mark.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise