220,8hp and 351lbs/ft
Jun 1, 2004
get-me.to
The cupra FMIC is fitted:funk:

img4582dg6.jpg

img4585gt2.jpg

img4587zs9.jpg

img4588if2.jpg

This was a big problem.The cupra egr seems to be a bit different so the tube didn't fit.I had to make from the new an old one one piece.

img4591kn8.jpg

img4593fk4.jpg

img4594rn7.jpg

Finally got the tube fitted

img4595ua3.jpg

Didn't know that there was so little space behind the FR bumper:doh:
I had to cut of many of the inside,even some fixingpoints of the grille.

img4597uj6.jpg

The cap didn't fit anymore due to the foglamp is pushed to the front for the moment.I will solve this this weekend.

img4599jy5.jpg

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
at last, just got the message from Dave at IMG that mine is in the post, all the parts will be here monday, so fitting next weekend.

Ibiza Evo 2

220,8hp and 351lbs/ft
Jun 1, 2004
get-me.to
Ant FR said:
at last, just got the message from Dave at IMG that mine is in the post, all the parts will be here monday, so fitting next weekend.

Good luck mate;) .If you have some questions,you know where to find me:) ;)

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Ibiza Evo 2 said:
Good luck mate;) .If you have some questions,you know where to find me:) ;)

Will be my 3rd one i've fitted so should be piece of piss,

Bit unsure why you had a problem, nobody has mentioned this problem before, I know when CPU freak fitted his said it was a sstraight forward as anyhing, nobody mentioned EGR differing before, unless your parts man picked up wrong bits!!!

Ibiza Evo 2

220,8hp and 351lbs/ft
Jun 1, 2004
get-me.to
Ant FR said:
Will be my 3rd one i've fitted so should be piece of piss,

Bit unsure why you had a problem, nobody has mentioned this problem before, I know when CPU freak fitted his said it was a sstraight forward as anyhing, nobody mentioned EGR differing before, unless your parts man picked up wrong bits!!!

Owkee:D

Whell,the tube did fit but there are 2 extentions (don't know the right word for it) on the metal ring at the end of the tube where you lock the clip behind.Those extentions were at the wrong place at the cupra tube.

img4591kn9ch9.jpg

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
Dropped my car off at Forge on Monday as they are manufacturing the IC pipework to allow me to fit the factory Cupra FMIC. Spoke with them today and everythings is fine - will be picking it up Thursday. Forge have taken pictures of the install, so when I get hold of them I'll upload.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
mine will be in the office tomorrow morning, so will fit saturday, Word on the bracket is 4-6 weeks, therefore gonna fabricate up another bracket mysellf like last time and then just change it over when the new one turns up.

Will test it up the strip on sunday at USC, can't wait, i just prey this sorts the bloody limp mode problem as i have a new intercooler sensor on the new pipework, believe hat is what is trigering limp mode all the time.

At bloody last, these cupra front mounts must be too bloody common now, thats why it takes ages to order it again, luckily Dave at IMG or crewe now has sorted me out big time on this.

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
Ant... Is your car going into limp mode at high revs??? my used to do because it was getting more boost than it was requesting,

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
yep thats it, Big boys toys said its the Boost sensor has gone, what happens is you get to high revs and the sensor detects no boost, then trigger s a boost leak warning and then hits limp, does it in both Remap mode and stock.

So need to wait till i got the new boost sensor on at the weekend.

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
Guys after 3 days at Forge my car finally has the Cupra FMIC. A big thanks to Richard for agreeing to manufacture the pipework. Heres some of the pixs as promised -

DSC04846.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC04849.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC04853.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC04857.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC04877.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC04884.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC04887.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC04891.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC04892.jpg
[/IMG]
Dsc04855.jpg
[/IMG]

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
orange said:
:drool: . How much does the kit (just the Forge parts) cost?

Its not yet been decided whether they will provide the kit. Richard said if they do they will provide different kits for the 100 and 130s due to the different connections on the pipe/hoses. In all honesty, I would leave the pricing decisions to Richard, so if intersted give him a bell - all I can say is I'm very happy with the overall cost of my FMIC conversion;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.