MK4 Brake Upgrades

Fahid82

Revo stage 1
Oct 26, 2008
East Kilbride Glasgow
This may have been covered previously but I am aware that the mk1 LCR brembo brakes are a straight bolt on to to a mk4 ibiza fr/ cupra, can the r32 brakes bolt on the same way, I know I might have to get 18 inch wheels instead of 17 inch

Tam9n

Mar 26, 2013
I'm sure this has been clarrified, but are the Cupra hubs the same as the FR/polo 9n3 GTi?

I need to source a new drivers hub as the carrier threads are stripped :(

Adjay

Sep 5, 2011
Donegal,ireland
I'm sure this has been clarrified, but are the Cupra hubs the same as the FR/polo 9n3 GTi?

I need to source a new drivers hub as the carrier threads are stripped :(

Cupra isn't hubs. Do you mean disks.

On a side note mk1 Leon cupra r rear brakes fit Ibiza cupra mk4. They fitted nicely with a cupra disks. So I know have a set of rear carriers and disks for a Ibiza cupra for sale. What they worth?

aidtheace

May 6, 2014
Stoke-on-Trent
Hello, this may have been covered previously but can anybody tell me if these would blot straight on to a 54 plate Ibiza Cupra 1.8T 20V MK4?

(Wont let me post the link but copy and paste this into ebay.)
GOLF MK4 AUDI TT A3 LEON IBIZA MINTEX DRILLED GROOVED FRONT REAR BRAKE DISCS PAD
Top one at £182.99 mintex ones.

It says the fronts are 288mm and the rears 232mm, also would the pads fit the 4 pot AP racing seat sport calipers?
Im just wondering if anybody knows or not because thinking of getting some better disks and pads rather than do the full TT brakes upgrade.

Marcus_550

Feb 7, 2013
Stockton On Tees
you need discs and pads for the ap racing callipers none of the other vag range came with them, there 312mm on the front for a start off, these are the discs iv got just dimpled and grooved as drilled crack

http://www.mtecbrakes.com/brake-dis...-8t-cupra-175-bhp-bbu-engine-05-04-11-07.html

they go well with black diamond predator pads and some good brake fluid, id opt for ds2500 pads next time tho, not sure why u would want to do the tt conversion apart from the backs cos there vented and bigger on the 225 tts

Boconnor

Oct 7, 2015
So let me get this straight..

Alright guys,

So to upgrade to 312mm tt brakes on my ibiza fr tdi pd130 I will need..

TT calipers
TT carriers?
TT hoses?

And then discs and pads obviously.

Is that right?

Thanks!

James 1.8 fr

May 6, 2016
Hey there don't know if this is the best page to ask this on if not can some one point me to the right place anyway these 17 7.0 rims but will they fit over the brembo gt brake kit they are 5 spoke star shape

C50

Feb 14, 2015
Apologies for the bump but I need some answers from the experts and may be valuable information to others

I've a complete set 4 Pot Brembo Caliper brakes from a MkI Leon Cupra R BAM.. I believe 232x28mm front and 256x22mm rear discs.

Does anyone know if these are a straight bolt on fit?

If yes to above, I've not got brake dust shields to house the larger diameter discs, will the Leon Cupra R ones fit straight on if I order a set from the dealership?

And finally, will I need new brake hoses if I've already have AP calipers on my Ibiza Cupra TDi?

Cheers

Last edited:

chrismc

Aug 31, 2020
Highworth, Wiltshire
I have a 2003 PD130 Sport with 288x25 brakes & the 16” Seat sport alloys.

To go to a 312mm setup can I just use 312x25discs & 312 carriers (Octavia VRS or mk1 TT) retaining the existing 288 calipers & pads?

D9FB877E-F72A-4009-8F0C-90D44B46F179.jpeg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.