green panel filter and pd 160 intake

gazjones

doubt it wont the water just fall to the bottom of the air box mine was kicking out bloody loads of condensation this week that much i had to put fogs on when leaving my drive :lol:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
doubt it wont the water just fall to the bottom of the air box mine was kicking out bloody loads of condensation this week that much i had to put fogs on when leaving my drive :lol:

:lol: have you got the gap still exsposed on your front pannel air induct??

gazjones

yes still exposed as its being sucked in by the turbo not pushed in by on coming air i dont think it will make any difference and im not making a bit of plastic up to fit in there lol

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
yes still exposed as its being sucked in by the turbo not pushed in by on coming air i dont think it will make any difference and im not making a bit of plastic up to fit in there lol

did take a while :D but i think it will make a diffrence as if you stick your head out the window at 60 your cheeks go out like a parashoot :fool: ! so air will be getting forced in the intake from incoming air and all going into the airbox and being drawn in by the turbo NOT going in leaking out the lower gap a little bit less air going in and the turbo drawing the air in

gazjones

only thing it the intake isnt directly behing a grill so you wont get that effect. wish they did put opening directly behind a grill but might make a difference

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
ul be suprised how much air is being forced in but get your point :shrug: cnt wait to get started on the lid now :D

gazjones

just use stanley knife and score every join of the ribs then just snap them then sand them down more satisfiying that way lol

dash

Feb 11, 2006
surrey
air intake

True, the intake is not directly behind the front grill.[:@]
You cant even see the path of the air to the intake hose.
Too much restrictions...just out of interest I checked the one on a polo 03 1.4 TDi which is much better design and have less obstructive plastics.
In the case of the ibiza, looks like its getting more hot air coming from the radiator than fresh cold air from the front...Unfortunately:doh:
Need to look into moding that bit.
Can anyone please come with some sort of ideas...

djjonnibgood

Seat Ibiza 1.9TDI "130"
Feb 13, 2007
Wakefield,West Yorkshire
Maybe an idea would be to build a custom intake pipe(i was contemplating this last week)
Get some induction tubing from the local motor store and route it to your desired position,
Use one of those round "mouth" pieces and secure in place either using cable ties (cheap) or make/buy some metal brackets or a combination of the two.

Maybe something to look into..........

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
Ive got the Green Cotton Filter already. I cant see me worrying about a smoothed box :whistle:

Lovely power curve mate!

I might try this myself, although the green filter might just be good enough to now. Has anyone actually seen any benefits from either the filter or the intake on the rolling road?

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
i think you'll find peeps have a very small increase in BHP 1-3% maybe but that doesn't tell the whole story it's more about how the car drives and accelerates not top end figures. Save up and get both mods at the same time then do an ECU reset and you should definitely feel and hear a difference.

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
really i have never heard of anyone having any trouble with the PD160 intake, maybe a few people didn't notice much of a difference, and not being funny but some people only use cars to get from A to B and never took notice of what it was like before. i'll find a link to a thread i posted on a while back about the ECU reset :)

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
cheers Davels. I've already sorted out a green panel filter, so next on the list is the pd 160 intake. I might keep my superchip, but I'm not sure. I am starting to lean towards Bell Autos. I need to get it RR'd first to see exactly what its up to.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
ive tryed three diffrent induction kits but the moded airbox and moded intake pipe and green pannel filter is alot better for performance

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
Cheers mate, thats what I want to hear. Just a thought would GSF, or ECP do these intake parts? Or will it just be main dealer? I hate going into my main dealer. :)