Thatcham listing for MK3 Cupra?

ganda_cupra

VW Commercial Technician
Sep 4, 2006
Near Sheffield
Hi, recently got my cupra and changed my policy with tesco to the cupra.

Having the same problem as most with tesco, won't accept it has a cat 2 immobiliser on it, have rang seat customer care, but they've said they can only tell me ,and send a letter to confirm, what was fitted to the vehicle i.e electronic engine immobiliser with incorporated alarm, which tesco won't accept, also sent the cat 2 listings from thatcham website highlighting seat ibiza, which they also won't accept as its a seat ibiza cupra which is a different model to a seat ibiza apparently.

Rang thatcham directly and there trying to say the same as tesco that its a seat ibiza cupra and not a seat ibiza.

How have other people managed to convince tesco that it is fitted with a cat 2 immobiliser.

Any help would be much appreciated as i don't really want to have to buy an aftermarket alarm etc.

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
does anybody know what model the immobiliser is? Ive quoted the alarm T2 1318 but now my quote things asking me for immobiliser make/model and SEAT isnt listed

dolf

The Dolf
Aug 14, 2006
cheshire
Same problem with tesco.

I e-mailed thatcham and they replied .............. "The system fitted to that vehicle is a Thatcham Catorgery 2 system fitted as standard, the SEAT Security System 11 (immobilzer only)"

Looks like everyone's getting different answers!

Might be worth quoting this one though.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.