40,000 4 year service on Mk1 Leon TDI FR 150

MisterMoleyMole

Apr 21, 2008
Hi all,

Just been quoted £272.00 for the above service on my Leon from SEAT in Crewe. For £299 though they will do 2 services and 2 MOT's which sounds like a bargain to me ... am i being ripped off and lulled into a false sense of security or does that sound like a godo deal seen as its the dealer servicing ?

Whats included in a 40,000 mile service ?

I think there going to need to do brakes etc aswell so this is going to be a pricey bill :( may do disks and pads myself, are they easy enough ? done them on my past cars without much trouble. Any how to's anywhere?

Many Thanks All in advance

Cheers
Gav

julesandem

i was told the cam belt and tensioners need doing at 40k
i took mine off at 4yrs before 4ok as i'm a technician and the tensioner was nearly failed and belt wearing through

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
according to the service book, cambelt is much later than 40k. Can't remember exactly what the mileage was but its in the region of about 80k or more I think (check for yourself though!). Saying that, I changed mine at 65k miles (with tensioner etc). It is listed in the service book in the book pack though as it might even be "5 years or 80K miles - whichever comes first" type of advice.

The brakes need a "rewind" tool to wind the caliper piston back in too - they don't just push back (about £20 from Halfords).

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
i was offered same deal as yourself and will be taking them up on it - essentially £20 for x2 MOT (avg £50 each & £300 for next 10k service)
don't forget it includes 10% discount on parts purchased through them as well, and the deal only includes parts needed for that service interval - any extras will be chargeable - 10%.

no i don't work for them, have been using for 40k worth of service inc cambelt and always been happy

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise