Detailed - Ibiza FR Paint Correction and special wax!

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
This was a great booking for me, and would stretch me more than I gave inital credit for.

The car is kept extremely clean and well by the owner, believe me, she really does have an eye for detail! On arrival the car was treated to my usual washing routine and techniques. Sorry for lack of pics, I was too busy working and also chatting with the owner. It was then clayed with Pinnacle Ultra Fina, before I then set about with the tar remover.

After a good rinse, again, dried and moved indoors, and taped up with 3m 3434 tape.

Now time to try to capture the defects. Not only made very difficult by the white paint, but also by the way it was more RDS marks spread about.

Taken on bonnet:

DSCF2733.jpg

and after being polished with menz 203s and a black 3m pad:

DSCF2734.jpg

All metal panels polished at 1800, plastics at 1500:

DSCF2735.jpg

DSCF2736.jpg

After this, everything was refined with a 3m blue pad and swissvax Cleaner fluid pro, before being waxed:

DSCF2737.jpg

Alloys were cleaned with revolution, tar remover, then cleaner fluid, then sealed, then waxed (and yes I do regret not taking a before as these came up beautifully)

DSCF2741.jpg

DSCF2742.jpg

exhaust with autosol:

DSCF2743.jpg

julia v

I've already thanked Iain for doing such a great job several times!
I picked up my new car about 11 months ago and unfortunately it wasn't until I'd had the car a couple of months that I noticed the condition of the paintwork, the light really does have to be just right to spot defects on a a white car! Having worked in Quality Assurance for a car manufacturer identifying paint defects, I am somewhat picky..........
Due to several factors I wasn't able to get my car to Iain as soon as I would have liked, however it has now been done and as you can see, he's made a fantastic job of it.
I chose Finer Details, having read such positive feedback on various forums/sites and if you want any sort of detailing/paint correction done on your car, then this is the man to see!
Admittedly Iain does not live on my doorstep, however the 2 hour journey was well worth it, especially the return trip when I was driving home in my shiny new car.
I do enjoy taking taking care of my FR, however will be taking it back up to Iain next year for that extra special bit of care and attention.
Thanks for a job well done, see you next year!

Dec 5, 2007
Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
Nice work! As you said didn't look too bad - perhaps i'm thinking that due to the lack of before pics. But it did come up really nice!

How do you apply the tar remover? I'm just going to go for some AG stuff as it's local and supposed to be ok.

Rubbish Boy

Great job Iain, car looks excellent, loving the black wheels against the white paint. :)

julia v

sadly car is now up for sale, however will be arranging to bring my new one to Iain, no hesitation! (when you have time of course, I knwo you're flat out at the moment!)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members