Boost pressure

Jan 8, 2008
Portsmouth
Hi all

Looking for some info about boost pressures, I've got a tdi non pd engine but with a pd turbo and custom map, need to get a rough idea what boost it should run!

If poss I wanna know standard pressure for my engine (ASV) and then mapped pressure. It's gone from 110 to about 180 bhp.

Cheers!

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
I just realised you're only running T4 nozzles so you won't be much over 150bhp, they can't deliver enough fuel. As for your boost you should get that on the tdiclub, it's just a vnt 17 of some sort, put up the number off it, I reckon people will need to see that to tell you what it can run. I also don't think it'll be at it's limit yet either due to the fact the nozzles can't give enough fuel to match the capable boost.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Good idea, will do that when I can get the number off the turbo.

Also it was rolling roaded @175 bhp by AmD a couple of years ago!?

Maybe but I'm not convinced, not with all the threads etc on the tuning section of the tdi club and speaking to dbw amongst others.

Anyway enough of that :D Get the numbers and post them up.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Lol I got mine because kermatdi was having one of his sales on on the tdiclub, you also have to remember the exchange rate, like mine were $249 but that's only £160. Because I got dbw to fit them etc I also get the 5 year warranty too.

I also wouldn't bother unless you were really wanting more or had plenty of extra dosh lying about, seems to get pretty expensive as you go further.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members