Emergency Starter Pack

asthpsw

Apr 23, 2004
Southampton
I was contemplating buying one of these Emergency Battery Packs that the RAC market. However what I need to know is how much power does it take to start a 1.9TDI non-PD?….the one I was looking at is rated at 400Amps.
Does anyone know how these work as it says it’s a Rechargeable Lead Acid Battery but it can’t be that big as the pack is so light !…………..which leads me to suspect if I had to use it…unless the engine started on first few cranks it would soon drain this battery.

Has anyone had to use one ?

Paul

sonnex22

Jul 26, 2010
we have these at work, you charge it from the mains and then you havea portable power supply. IIRC the TDI battery is about 70 amp hour but with a cold cranking amperage of about 570 these are max figures, i will check one at work and see what that is rated at, we use it to start 3ltr 6cylinder diesels and upto V12 petrols.

sonnex22

Jul 26, 2010
forgot to check the oneat work, however we usually use Sealey starter packs

Oct 17, 2006
northwest
6yrs ownership I've never had any battery problems or reasons to even think my battery might go I've charged it once cos I killed it by having the lights on while working in the engine bay but my charger is for the micra which is terrible.

Do you have/had any problem that makes you concerned?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise