Service indicator

ffoxy

Key in ignition, ignition OFF, press and hold trip reset button, switch ON ignition, release button, turn button clockwise until it goes out. igniton OFF, Igniton ON.

Done

Thankx Matt... worked for me too :)

n15mgd

i have mk tdi and have tried this with the trip reset but cant seem to be sucessful,can vagcom be used?

bobak

Opinionated non-mechanic
May 15, 2008
ok i've tried this a few times and nothing at all happens.
"Key in ignition, ignition OFF, press and hold trip reset button, switch ON ignition, release button, turn button clockwise until it goes out. igniton OFF, Igniton ON."

Turn Button Clockwise?? Turn what button Clockwise? You can't turn any of the buttons clockwise...

doctor rage

Oct 22, 2008
Co Durham
ok i've tried this a few times and nothing at all happens.
"Key in ignition, ignition OFF, press and hold trip reset button, switch ON ignition, release button, turn button clockwise until it goes out. igniton OFF, Igniton ON."

Turn Button Clockwise?? Turn what button Clockwise? You can't turn any of the buttons clockwise...

Make sure you're using the reset button next to the speedo/rev counter not the reset button on the wiper stalk. This reset button can be turned clockwise and you'll feel it click as per the instructions elsewhere in this thread.

bobak

Opinionated non-mechanic
May 15, 2008
Yes got it thanks. I was pressing the button that said RESET. Finally, it just twigged... its the trip reset, not the MFA or whatever its called

M4ti

Hi guys it's a great tip but can anyone tell why I can't turn the trip reset button on dashboard?

I got the flashing zeros once but that's all I managed and the check engine indicator is still on so I geuss it didn't work.

Please help
THX

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members