How to wash your car

alex.beckett

I have to dissagree on the point that you made about using warm water, you should'nt use warm water to wash the car as this can dissolve any salts or grains that there may be on the car at the time into the paintwork, also sticking to the sponge/mit acting like sandpaper.

Alex

NOZ

Going away from any current topic here..

Which mitts should I use? I have no idea which are the best.

Thanks

Deleted member 29494

that astra is also on Detailing World and is a massive thread....i think it is pretty awesome imo, quite OTT but does show how "brand new" paint isnt that brand new :)

after having my Accord Type R paint corrected it is amazing how easily fine scratches can appear from bad car washing......trying to adopt the 2 bucket method but keep forgetting

gcook

How do you guys clean the windows inside and out? I've tried various products but can't get rid of smears. Thanks in advance.

Mobo

Jan 20, 2010
West midlands
i thought it was ott when he washed the vxr after using the clay bar and now i dont even know what to think

Last edited:

Sio_08

Hello
quick question what's the best snow car shampoo to use due to i know you can get a pre wash?any ideas?

Buzz Lightyear

I take my car to the local car wash, the polish make a great job of my car. They wax it all for 5 bucks !

danny6n

How do you guys clean the windows inside and out? I've tried various products but can't get rid of smears. Thanks in advance.

I use autoglym glass polish, I find the windolene style liquids pretty useless. Polish with a polishing sponge then buff off with a microfibre, do it before you clean the inside though, it gets a bit dusty!

StealthInspired

Apr 18, 2011
UK
I mean with the snow foam, i think the power of the hose is not strong enough, it creates a small lathering but nothing like from the Jet Wash !!!!

I recently picked up a Car Jetwash Head attachment that I bought from *COUGH* TK-MAX.
It attaches to the end of your garden Hose, and provides a handful of different settings, bit like your power shower head, and rotates on the end! :D

It also has a bottle attachment underneath that you can fill with car shampoo etc.
Will fill it with some Snow Foam and see if it provides enough strength to be effective. ;)

My car also appreciates it, after a wash, when I set the head attachment to the pulsating massage setting. LOL :redface:

Last edited:

slickbone

Apr 4, 2010

I usually spray vinegar (Transparent liquid from Tesco) onto some newspaper and then clean the windows. Its very effective, cheap and doesnt leave any streaks at all.

Hope this helps.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.