Checklist for LCR/LC first-time buyers

jamesy_m

Gonna be putting this to good use tomorrow - thanks for the tips!

Another one which I'd be keen to look for is damage on the sills due to jacking the car in the incorrect place. Aside from bending the metal - it can become a nice spot for rust to propagate from if the underseal splits / cracks, or worse still if a seam cracks open and becomes exposed to the elements. Can be another good way of guessing at the type of owner who might have had the car previously.

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Switch on the aircon and select 'low' for temperature. The radiator fans should come on but at a slow speed when using aircon. If the fans come on fast and loud then on/off then the fan motor resistors have gone.

I have this in my LC TDI.

I start the car and the climatronic starts up, then once the fans kick in the radiator fans start coming on really loud for around 15 seconds at regular intervals :(

Is this a relatively cheap/easy fix?

Cheers for any help guys.

seatturbopower

Aug 1, 2012
birmingham
good advice on the buying guide on what to look out for :)
might sound stupid but i have only just seen this thread....:( and i brought my car just last week,but i just went on instinct and the car seemed ok usual things to check and all seemed good.im happy with the car and so far nothing to major.ill post up more info in the new members section :D

stevelcr

Dec 15, 2012
Reigate, Surrey
Picked up my LCR this friday just gone because an old lady decided to write off my 229 bhp Golf :( (so i guess hello all is in order!) and i'm so glad i saw this guide before. Because of this i ended up seeing 6 and hate to think what costs would have followed! Brilliant guide. Thanks very much.

Karnus

Recently registered and this all looks like sound advice, will be putting it to good use when I go looking!

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
Here's a nicely shot vid re used car buying advice.

The car featured is a Porsche 964 (911), but the same rules apply and there's lots of useful advice, including getting the owner to drive the car while you observe from the passenger seat - clickety :)

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London

Blaver

Excellent advice, I am selling an LCR 04 plate and thankfully it complies with all these! :D