Creation motor sport alloy couplers

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
So after much faffing around replacing seals and clips on my PD150 in attempt to resolve the boost leaks I've decided to bite the bullet and start replacing parts properly.
A full hardpipe kit is financially out of the question so I've ordered a Creation motorsport turbo pipe to rule that one out for starters.
I've just been looking at their alloy couplers and was wondering if I could utilise a handful of those with the other standard hoses that attach to the intercooler.
The problem I'm having is that I can't get my head around which sizes to buy?

Look at this on eBay*http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171266960379

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
There's a kit on eBay for £189 but it doesn't come with any couplers to attach to the turbo, either side of the intercooler and the EGR valve.
Darkside Developments sell a virtually identical kit albeit with the required couplers and their logo stamped on the silicone hoses for a mere £429!!

scotty1310

Feb 21, 2016
Kent
Get a egr delete and you wont need to get one of them rubbish connectors for the egr. Youll need two for either side of the intercooler though, sfs sell them quite cheap.

scotty1310

Feb 21, 2016
Kent
You could keep the standard connectors in the intercooler, replace the green seals on them, then cut the oem hose down and join the pipework to them which would work

Your in kent so i wouldnt mind helping out as im in kent too. Ive fitted an allard intercooler kit to a PD130, what a pita that was lol

Last edited:

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I'm not really a fan of completely deleting the EGR valve as it means losing the ASV which is obviously a safe guard plus I prefer the smoother engine shut down.
I had a modified PD130 mk4 Golf estate before this Leon so I'm quite familiar with all this.

Last edited:

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Ok cool, so in theory a standard 90° elbow is fine to use here albeit with a coupler either end in my case as I'm still using the stock pancake pipe.

scotty1310

Feb 21, 2016
Kent
Lower hoses, your best bet is an uprated turbo outlet pipe coupled to a 1.8t pancake pipe, then a 90 on the other end of the pancake pipe and then a connector into the intercooler. That way you eliminate two of the crappy bayonet connectors which are prone to boost leaks.

Last edited:

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
See on my previous PD130 I ran a custom length SFS turbo pipe, 1.8t pancake pipe, uprated SMIC and custom upper boost pipes and I was still forever chasing boost leaks even with an abundance of Mikalor clamps throughout.

In regards of the turbo pipe, I've gone for the Creation motorsport one this time as I found the fit of the SFS coupler rather dubious and was still a bit sloppy. The only good thing was that they added an extra 40mm onto the silicone hose for me so that it would reach the 1.8t pancake pipe properly.

How are you running this particular connection?

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Ive got the original RED turbo outlet hose connected to a red section of silicone hose - connected to a 1.8T pancake pipe - connected to a 90deg black silicone hose - connected to a Creation Motorsport coupler into my Intercooler.
I haven't touched the other side pipework/connections from Intercooler to EGR

selfagg

Apr 27, 2008
Newark
Has anyone actually fitted that ebay hose kit? Since remapping my hoses are popping off all over the place, my engine bay is beginning to look like an advert for cable ties.

I know the Darkside kit looks the part, but for the price difference, I question if it's really worth it!

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
That eBay kit is extremely tempting considering the price. As far as I can see its identical to the Darkside kit just with their logo stamped on the silicone hoses and with their alloy couplers (which you'd require)

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Personally what I'd do is buy the kit and measure all the IDs of the silicone hoses to be on the safe side but I'm pretty sure it's the same kit as Darkside buy in making them 57mm.
In which case Darkside sell all the couplers, there are 3 different sizes and they say where exactly they fit anyhow.
With this said Creation motorsport couplers are considerably cheaper so definitely worth checking to see if they've got the appropriate ones first.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise