Keyless Entry sistem wiring

NrgzLeonardo

Sep 1, 2016
Hi to everyone,
i am having some troubles with the installation of a keyless entry system kit on a 1998 seat Ibiza 6k 1.9tdi (i cannot post the link however you can find the kit on ebay).
I have pneumatic door lock, and on the pump i have three wires: one goes negative, one +12volts when car locked and 0 volt when unlocked, the last one +12 when unlocked and 0 when locked. I found out that one wire is coming from driver door, the other from the passenger door. According to the manual of the kit the pump has one positive wire, one negative wire and then a "main" wire, which i think it's the signal wire. However on the car the circuit is different, indeed the kit does not work correctly. Is there anyone who successfully wired a similar kit, or can provide me a decent guide for installation? Thanks in advance.

NrgzLeonardo

Sep 1, 2016
So I finally managed to wire everything, and the remote locking works perfectly. These are the required connections for a 1998 Seat Ibiza mk2 (6k) and a remote keyless entry system from Ebay: Red, yellow, yellow/black --> costant 12 volts (positive); Black --> negative (earth); White --> red/blue wire going to the pneumatic pump in the boot (lock signal); White/black -->red/green wire going to the pneumatic pump in the boot (unlock signal); Orange --> red/blue wire going to the key holes of the doors; Orange/black --> red/green wire going to the key holes of the doors.The pump has three wires: red/blue(lock), red/green(unlock), brown (Earth). In order to correctly wire the keyless unit you need to cut the red/blue and the red/green wires. Then you have to connect the part of the two wires which goes inside the car (not to the pump) to the orange and orange/black wires as I said before. It is necessary to connect the orange wires, because if you do not connect them when you will try to unlock or lock the car with the key using the key holes of the doors it will only lock or unlock the door where you are using the key, and the pneumatic pump will not do anything. So when using the key you will not have the centralized lock without connecting the orange and orange/black wires. For the indicators it is really easy. I positioned the keyless unit in the boot near the pump, so I connected the two brown wires one to the left rear indicator and the other to the right rear indicator. Indeed left and right indicators are wired together, so if you turn on the rear right one also the other right indicators will turn on. So no need to connect anything to the hazard warning light switch. For the costant 12 volts (positive) i brought a wire to the fuse box and then near the radio, and I connected it to the red wire of the radio (positive 12 volts). I also installed a fuse on this wire of 10A, even if the keyless unit already has one. For the earth (negative) you will find a earth near the rear lights, just above the pump, it is really easy to find one of them. The work which took longer was to bring the positive wire from the boot to the fuse box, because it requested to dissasemble some parts of the interiors, but it is not so difficult. I do not recommend to use the costant 12 volts of the courtesy light bulb of the boot, because the wire is very thin. Moreover I suggest to solder the wires, not to use scotch tape, and to coating the wires with some insulating tape, to prevent them from cutting on metal sheets.I hope that this will help someone who wants to install this kit on his Ibiza!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members