Fitting Coilovers - Leon Cupra

seat180

i was thinking of getting coilovers however opted for a front anti roll bar instead as i already have lowering springs on, just wondered what size droplinks you think would best fit onto the front any suggestions ????

Sep 4, 2012
Rainham essex
Gonna have a go at fitting mine soon the back has already been done but the mechanic who changed them never got round to doing the fronts so gonna do them myself. I want mine to sit about the same height as yours at the front. How do I measure to make sure there both adjusted to the same height. Was yours about half way.

Sep 4, 2012
Rainham essex
I can i just ask a question, you'll have to bear with me if it doesnt make sense but i'll try to expalin best i can lol.

When you've dismanteled the front coilover to take the 2 rubber stops out, you re-assemble the coilover and out the purple top cap on, do you need to use the original nut provided to secure the purple top cover down or do you just use the threaded bush that fastenes the top mount to secure it all?

Also do you tighten the entire setup (top mount, threaded bush etc) all the way down to the bottom of the thread on the coilover?

Does that make sense?

Dan.

I was wondering this to mate I found if you use the nut that came with the springs to bolt it altogether then the bearing didn't fit over the nut. So I saw I diagram online which showed it as going the purple cap then the bearing then the top mount then the threaded bush. Then onto the carthen the top hat thing then locking nut. I don't know if this is right or not as I've not put it on the car yet. Not bolted them together yet but have done it how I said. Purple cap bearing top mount then threaded bush. Only done it up finger tight at the mo but it seems ok like that bearing moves freely enough. Will torque it up soon and get them on the car and see how it goes.

SNAZ85

Dec 10, 2014
LOWERING 2001 LEON CUPRA ON FK COILOVERS HELP...

Ok so ive got a mk1 2001 Leon Cupra . I've just recently started to do some subtle mods to it that i've been wanting to do for ages! I've acquired myself a set of 18" BBS CH REPS on stretched 40 profile tyres and they have set the car off a treat!! Next on the list is obviously getting them rims sitting nicely in the arches!! So i've found a set of coilvers online for like 180 odd quid which look ok. However i think i'm right in saying that the 1m leons are the exact same chassis as the mk4 Golfs? Meaning that when putting the coilovers on i can only go down 40mm before the front driveshafts get in the way? I've been told that gettin an Audi TT front ARB will cure this and allow me to go down to like 60mm?? So basically what im asking is to be able to drop 60mm on coils do i need to buy a TT ARB? If so which sort? If not do i need to get the coil kit with the adjustable drop links? or just the standard kit and new ARB??

Cheers peeps

raikonen

Mar 29, 2015
LOWERING 2001 LEON CUPRA ON FK COILOVERS HELP...

Ok so ive got a mk1 2001 Leon Cupra . I've just recently started to do some subtle mods to it that i've been wanting to do for ages! I've acquired myself a set of 18" BBS CH REPS on stretched 40 profile tyres and they have set the car off a treat!! Next on the list is obviously getting them rims sitting nicely in the arches!! So i've found a set of coilvers online for like 180 odd quid which look ok. However i think i'm right in saying that the 1m leons are the exact same chassis as the mk4 Golfs? Meaning that when putting the coilovers on i can only go down 40mm before the front driveshafts get in the way? I've been told that gettin an Audi TT front ARB will cure this and allow me to go down to like 60mm?? So basically what im asking is to be able to drop 60mm on coils do i need to buy a TT ARB? If so which sort? If not do i need to get the coil kit with the adjustable drop links? or just the standard kit and new ARB??

Cheers peeps

i buyed fk street coilovers and droped car abaut 50mm but thats all thats possible before changing front anti roll bar:rolleyes:

zeddyyy

Mar 17, 2015
do you need to replace the stretch bolts in the front that go at the bottom of the strut? raceland recommends this for the mk4 gti?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members