Leon flip Key guide

Jul 12, 2013
RETFORD
Don't take the piss! I've helped you loads & the thanks I get is you undercutting me then still phoning/texting for more help & advice every other week. I'm sick to death of people asking me for advice on setting up on there own just so they can be competition.

I don't mind competition. I get plenty of work. Have got equivalent of 2 A levels in Auto Locksmithing but I'm not helping anyone anymore just so they can undercut me to go for same jobs as me
This forum is not the place craig.
All i did was mention i am local to this guy on friday if in fact the dealer didnt do that cheap programming.
The help goes both ways, you wouldnt be using these bentley keys if i didnt point them out to you in the first place! Only a small help given back to you, granted.

Ive set my programming cost at 35 quid, cheap enough to deter most away from clone tools. Any more and we would be fixing more corrupt dash and ecus than programming keys imo. Whats your programming charge/total cost for above key? Most i have spoken to look to profit by 30-60 on spare keys and 80-100 on lost keys.

sponger

Nov 14, 2013
Reading
Key cut for £8, and booked in for programming tomorrow for £20.40 inc VAT at Emmer Green SEAT :D

Sent back from the future, using my flux capacitor

Az

Jan 30, 2014
Very helpful :)

Bought a Seat Leon yesterday and i got a remote key thats not working even with new battery and a spare standard key..

Ive just got 1 quick question.. to program a new remote key i have to put the 2nd key in the ignition.. but does that 2nd key have to be a remote one also?
Or will it work with the non remote key in the ignition?

dr62

Sep 9, 2009
Ogulin, Croatia
I think that it can work with a non remote key, but the most important thing is that the key in a ignition must be original, so that you can program the new one key.
P.S. I sold my car and I buy a new one MK3 (Seat Leon 1.4 TSI FR), so I don't handle anything with MK1 Leon. I hope that I help you

stevie steve

Nov 27, 2006
Clevedon
Yeah the transponder which is in the spare key as well needs to be in the ignition, which is then transferred over to the remote when you press it....I think

Was so long ago since I wrote this, but glad its been used lots of times :)

rumple

Thanks for the guide, my car only came with one key, so am going to follow this to give me a spare, thanks

Az

Jan 30, 2014
Awesome guide thanks :)

I bought a new flip key from ebay, had the blade cut (note timpsons refused, an independent in my town cut it)
Swapped immobiliser chip from the broken key and then programmed using my non remote spare key in the ignition (just as it said in my leon manual) - All working 100% very happy

stevie steve

Nov 27, 2006
Clevedon
Awesome guide thanks :)

I bought a new flip key from ebay, had the blade cut (note timpsons refused, an independent in my town cut it)
Swapped immobiliser chip from the broken key and then programmed using my non remote spare key in the ignition (just as it said in my leon manual) - All working 100% very happy

Glad you found the guide useful

Markdj22

Jun 27, 2016
Hi folks am new to this and was just wondering if this is possible? I've got a Leon and only came with the non flip remote. Can I buy a 2/3 button flip remote and transfer all parts from old one to the new one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upia

Nov 30, 2015
Derbyshire
Hi folks am new to this and was just wondering if this is possible? I've got a Leon and only came with the non flip remote. Can I buy a 2/3 button flip remote and transfer all parts from old one to the new one?

The key blade would be a different shape so that would have to be cut.
Not sure abouts the chip for the immobiliser though.

Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk

Markdj22

Jun 27, 2016
Oh ok thanks for the info so what would be the best way of getting a new flip remote? Sorry for being a bit dim.

Upia

Nov 30, 2015
Derbyshire
I'm not sure to be honest, I'm not much help for this lol.
In the past I have swapped over the old bits of a flip key to a new flip key housing but I've never had a new one coded or cut I'm afraid.
I'm sure someone else will know precisely what needs doing.

Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk

DMWPD130

Jan 26, 2017
Bromley
Hi does it have to be drivers door will the boot lock do the same as I have delocked the drivers door, is there any other way to pair a new remote? Or will I have to put lock back in? Many thanks

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.