Ibiza 1.6 CR Tdi Transmission

Lucero

Dec 6, 2017
Hi all,

New here, but not quite finding what I need on the internet (or varying info).

In short, my new GF has a 2012 (63plate) 1.6 CR Tdi. Not sure on the power variant, perhaps there's an online tool to help me decipher that.

In short, the clutch is fine, but the car has started to present difficulty getting into some (not all gears) and occassionally popping out of gear.

At this point, I'm assuming a fluid change is the best course of action. I've seen varying degrees of information as to what gearbox her car might have. It's the 5 speed variant.

I was hoping someone might have posted a how to, or pictures of the drain / fill hole. There is conflicting info as to where these might be, and whether or not you should use the reverse switch hole rather than the fill hole, types of fluid to use, jack the car up, run in gear, lower, top up, etc, etc.

So, any help greatly appreciated. I can probably supply the chassis number if needed.

Thanks

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Can't see it being the fluid on a car that age personally, not unless it's all leaked out or something.

Last edited:

Lucero

Dec 6, 2017
Can't see it being the fluid on a car that age personally, not unless it's all leaked out or something.

Very true, but age is never a factor of condition. I suppose I should have mentioned the car is on 130k, original everything, practically... and there is a fairly convincing amount of fresh oil on the inboard CV driveshaft connection, passenger side, at the gearbox

Last edited:

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
It's been driven abit in the last few years then?? :)

Try a fluid change then, look at why it's leaking oil as well.

Lucero

Dec 6, 2017
It's been driven abit in the last few years then?? :)

Try a fluid change then, look at why it's leaking oil as well.

I will thanks. Hoping someone can point me in the exact location of the drain / filler holes and what size allen head is required

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.