Climate control air con works and sometimes doesnt

grezza_tdi

Jan 23, 2018
Lancashire
So i start the car up and put the heat on the windscreen and the air con (flake) comes on automatically which is fine but sometimes it doesnt so when i press the air con button the flake appears for 1 second then dissapears. Why is this? I have plenty of gas in and also know the compressor works so i wonder why sometimes the air con works then other times it wont stay on, any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
How cold is it outside when you're seeing this issue because if the exterior temperature i's too low the air conditioning can't be turned on?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

grezza_tdi

Jan 23, 2018
Lancashire
How cold is it outside when you're seeing this issue because if the exterior temperature i's too low the air conditioning can't be turned on?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not really noticed this before but it was acting up as i said when we had the colder mornings so what your saying does make sense. Il keep my eye on the temp. Much appreciated

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
"Air conditioning" in this case means the refrigerant circuit, the bit that cools the air. It's disabled below 4°C or thereabouts (external temperature) so that the evaporator matrix in the cooling system doesn't ice up. Which would block all airflow and leave you without demisting.
When the outside air is that cold, the air cooling would give you no benefit in any case, so it's better to switch it off.

grezza_tdi

Jan 23, 2018
Lancashire
"Air conditioning" in this case means the refrigerant circuit, the bit that cools the air. It's disabled below 4°C or thereabouts (external temperature) so that the evaporator matrix in the cooling system doesn't ice up. Which would block all airflow and leave you without demisting.
When the outside air is that cold, the air cooling would give you no benefit in any case, so it's better to switch it off.

Thanks pal, appreciate the explanation.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.