Enabling options.

manji

Sep 19, 2010
Portugal
Hi,

If got the option to fold the mirrors when parked enabled in the infotainment. However, they don't fold.

I've read online that this option is referring to folding the mirrors via the key fob or exterior handle.

Do yours close automatically when you park the car?

Also, have you had any chance of asking SEAT to enable the off road menu and sport menu in the infotainment? Or is it just via vcds/obd11?

Thanks.

Briant566

Oct 12, 2014
West Yorks England
Hi,

If got the option to fold the mirrors when parked enabled in the infotainment. However, they don't fold.

I've read online that this option is referring to folding the mirrors via the key fob or exterior handle.

Also, have you had any chance of asking SEAT to enable the off road menu and sport menu in the infotainment? Or is it just via vcds/obd11?

Thanks.

Sorry you have had no answers but very few Arona owners in the UK yet most deliveries are due March
But if its like the Leon you have to press the key fob to lock and hold for mirrors to fold

Last edited:

manji

Sep 19, 2010
Portugal
Hey!

No need to apologise. :)
Very few Aronas here in Portugal as well.

I had a Mk2 Leon and it is like you said.

Last edited:

Briant566

Oct 12, 2014
West Yorks England
This from the Manuals so it is the same as the Leon
Fold in the exterior mirrors after parking
(convenience function)*
The Easy Connect system, the  button and
the function buttons SETTINGS and
Mirrors and windscreen wipers can be used to
have the exterior mirrors fold in when the vehicle
is parked ››› page 122.
When the vehicle is locked with the remote
control, by pressing for more than approximately
1 second the exterior mirrors are folded
in automatically. When the vehicle is
opened with the remote control, the exterior
mirrors are deployed automatically

Last edited:

manji

Sep 19, 2010
Portugal
Yep, thanks. I just thought it would make sense to close the mirrors after locking the car. Although, there is an obd mod you can do to do that.

I have an white/grey roof 1.0 FR with kessy, navigation plus, alcantara, LEDs, adaptative dampers and 18 inch wheels.

Surprisingly, coming from a 1.9 tdi Leon, I find the driving pretty similar. :|

BKMD

Feb 6, 2018
Inverness
Hi,

Thanks.
2016 Leon fr 184. Only way to fold mine is using the door switch or long press on key fob when locking, long press also closes any open windows.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

IbizaTDI08

Aug 7, 2008
Hey.

My arona does exactly the same where the option is ticked in the menu yet when you lock the car the mirrors do not fold in unless I hold the key down for a few seconds.
I have spoke to my local dealer and they have told me that it should not need the key holding down to do this so I need to pop the car in for them to look at.

manji

Sep 19, 2010
Portugal
Hey.

My arona does exactly the same where the option is ticked in the menu yet when you lock the car the mirrors do not fold in unless I hold the key down for a few seconds.
I have spoke to my local dealer and they have told me that it should not need the key holding down to do this so I need to pop the car in for them to look at.
Let us know what they say. :)

Goodolpete

Jan 22, 2018
2016 Leon fr 184. Only way to fold mine is using the door switch or long press on key fob when locking, long press also closes any open windows.
Fiddled long and hard with the door switch on mine, and couldn’t get the
mirrors to fold. Do you turn the door switch so it’s pointing towards the
back of the car to make them fold?

manji

Sep 19, 2010
Portugal

That makes them fold manually. Same as other SEAT models.
I'm hoping IbizaTDI08 gets a recode from the dealers in order to enable the auto-folding. :rolleyes:

BKMD

Feb 6, 2018
Inverness
No that is position O ie off. I turn to 10 O'clock position to fold. (Picture of a mirror )
d5e72bd69e5c10b179da0ff6c7bbc955.jpg

Goodolpete

Jan 22, 2018
Proper one here
Before you ask, the heating is turned on together with the rear window heating.
4e7eb7ddd7e71cfd9b682fcef8196374.jpg
I’m sitting in my car ATM. On my rhs is a switch the same as this. If I move it
to 10 o’clock I adjust the left mirror up down right left. 2 o’clock adjusts the
right mirror. What do I do to fold a mirror right in, the same as when I press
on the close button on the key fob ( if it’s possible)?

manji

Sep 19, 2010
Portugal
Hey.

Any news?