The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
just wondered what have ppl used for the full beams??

also did others have to remove the long metal umbrella type of thing like i did inside the lights??

Last edited:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
just wondered what have ppl used for the full beams??

also did others have to remove the long metal umbrella type of thing like i did inside the lights??

rob... IMHO HID for full beam is a waste of time as it takes the bulbs a few seconds to get up to temp (brightness!)

I would just uprate your full beam bulbs instead (~£20), i mean how often do you drive with your full beam on?! and also its not like the full beam needs any extra power/brightness really imo (if so use your fogs lol)... just the dipped beam needs improving!

my 2p worth!

Last edited:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Some people have upgraded their full beams to HID too, as there is a noticeable colour difference between the main and full beams otherwise. BUT... I personally don't think it's worthwhile as you don't use them that often - especially when you have HID's fitted. A good set of halogen bulbs is a good idea though, but they will still look yellow in comparison.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Some people have upgraded their full beams to HID too, as there is a noticeable colour difference between the main and full beams otherwise. BUT... I personally don't think it's worthwhile as you don't use them that often - especially when you have HID's fitted. A good set of halogen bulbs is a good idea though, but they will still look yellow in comparison.

but who cares about the yellowness whilst driving with their full beam on?! I certainly don't!!!!!!

and to the other rob (rent boy!)... just get some Osram silver star bulbs, they are noticeably better than the stock bulbs! :yes:

124.jpg

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
It's not a problem, that's for sure. But it's just so damn obvious :lol: You can see a line of blue/white light with a line of yellow above it!

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
have looked about seen some H1 off roads ones with blue tint will see if they are similar to the hids as i hate the yellow now i have this, they are something else i tell ya.

and yes i know the off road H1's aren't road legal but like many of you have said why worry i hardly use them..

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
If you do get some like that, get some pics up of what they look like. For main beams I wouldn't want to use the 'off road' non-legal ones. But for main beams, which aren't used often, I wouldn't mind so much.

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
but who cares about the yellowness whilst driving with their full beam on?! I certainly don't!!!!!!

and to the other rob (rent boy!)... just get some Osram silver star bulbs, they are noticeably better than the stock bulbs! :yes:

124.jpg

Thats what I have in my main beams. They are very good bulbs. Although they are yellow in colour compared to HIDs they provide a very good light pattern and distance

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I've got the same and you're right, great bulbs on their own, but still very yellow in comparison, as Nathanio's avatar shows!

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
ah ok cheers for that i'll see how these ones go, got some pics of them by any chance?

EDIT: they dont do them in H1 so looks like they'll have to do..

Last edited:

deano1

new to this site because only just bought my car but am well impressed after coming from a golftdi. The first thing i am looking to do is replace the front grill with one without the s in it and would be gratefull if anyone on here could give me a clue as to how i can get hold of 1. CHEERS

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
new to this site because only just bought my car but am well impressed after coming from a golftdi. The first thing i am looking to do is replace the front grill with one without the s in it and would be gratefull if anyone on here could give me a clue as to how i can get hold of 1. CHEERS

Welcome to the site... two things though...

Firstly, use the search option as this will bring up all sorts of information that's already on the forum.

Secondly, you've posted this question in a totally unrelated topic and that's never a good idea ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.