Gave In.. N249 Bypass Done...My View

roderrs

Nov 3, 2006
still dont understand but o well i worry about it when i get round to some engine mods.

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
did you get a engine light come up - some people have had theirs come up and theres not much you can do - apart from clear it but comes back.

not tempting fate as it seems its doing the job for you....

Havent had any lights? As far as car is concerned nothing has changed? Cant imagine why a light would come on unless you've done or not done something?

Mine definately felt smoother but have the standard airbox with cai so my dump valve doesnt make a sound anymore :(

I have an open cone with 2 cold air feeds, sounds the nuts lol

i dont understand this. sounds like its worth doing can someone please explain which pipes were talking about. sorry for being thick.

Will get a picture up later...

Like I said this was just my view on this mod, there are alot of threads on this I think...

Mike

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Yes please mate if you would, I only have after shots :)

I'll post mine later but if you have some that'd be great... :)

Like I said this thread was initially to let poeple know my views on the bypass as I "ummed and arrr'd" abotu it for a while

Mike

Last edited:
May 2, 2006
Their just the ones i used to do mine a while ago, (their off craig)

This way is leaving everything electronically connected (no soldering) but mechanically unplugged (you need a Y piece)

n249_7.jpg

n249_6.jpg

n249_5.jpg

n249_4.jpg

n249_3.jpg

n249_2.jpg

n249_1.jpg

(not my engine)

Last edited:
May 2, 2006
N249.jpg

going to be doing this at the weekend, clearing up the top of engine (again, not my engine, cheers phil)

Last edited:
May 2, 2006
I was under the impression there was some soldering involved after reading Sim's guide. I might give this a go in a min then :)

yeah, sims guide involves doing it "properly"

removing solonoids completly and tricking the ecu with the resistors

personally wouldnt try it as im not a sparky, also heard that if you get the resistance wrong, you can do more damage than good, so you need to know what your doing regarding the electrical part of it, hence why alot of people have just left everything still plugged in electrically

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.