Gave In.. N249 Bypass Done...My View

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Ahh i see, which port?

2mx52iw.jpg

May 2, 2006
off the top of my head i cant remember now, done it a while ago, but i replaced both the hoses at the bottom of the inlet manni, 1 of them goes to the right of your manni to a little round bronze looking thing, so its the other one, lol

it will become clear when you do it mate, if you really do need to know i can check at dinner

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
off the top of my head i cant remember now, done it a while ago, but i replaced both the hoses at the bottom of the inlet manni, 1 of them goes to the right of your manni to a little round bronze looking thing, so its the other one, lol

it will become clear when you do it mate, if you really do need to know i can check at dinner

No its cool, i guess its the one that dosnt go to the FPR (round bronze thing), soon find out lol cheers :)

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
Cheers for your help fella, just done it and took it for a spin, foot down all through the gears, no limp mode, no engine management light and no boost spikes (only running k03). DV is quite a bit crisper too :)

Now to go back outside and route all the hoses properly and remove all the unwanted crap. :)

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
If you read that quickly it can be rude...well if you miss words out... maybe its just me lol

Glad you done it then mate? Does make a difference doesn't it..

Mike

Yeah well my DV has been kind of slow lately, especially when booting it a little but not to full boost then changing gear. It would seem to take an age to dump the air but now it seems to be doing alot better. :)

Also managed to use some of the n249 valves mounting screws to secure the solenoids to the rocker cover using some existing tapped holes. And before anyone says it, yes i know my engine bay is truley filthy and untidy but it'll do for now.....

2lncms2.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2005
London
When you get rid of the plastic box on the top (mine was broken anyway) you can move the wires that are plugged in behind them and relocate them to the bracket above the 3rd coilpack
tidies things up a lot better, took greig at vagtech 2 mins
Image080.jpg

Image081.jpg

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
Cool.. You got a 007P?

Have you serviced it recently?

Forge supply the kits free....

Mike

No i've got the Bailey DV30 (was on the car when i bought it :rolleyes: ) Hasnt been serviced sice i've had the car TBH. Forge say they are releasing the atmos DV in the new year after Autosprt 2007 so i 'might' give that a whirl. Either that or get a 007p, makes sense as Forge are just up the road so service parts are only 10mins drive.

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
When you get rid of the plastic box on the top (mine was broken anyway) you can move the wires that are plugged in behind them and relocate them to the bracket above the 3rd coilpack
tidies things up a lot better, took greig at vagtech 2 mins

Done something similar, cheers dude.

2lncms2.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.