£5 Ipod connector Guide

Aug 27, 2010
i got one other day 99p from fleebay

when on iphone the volume on the iphone has to be turned down abit the up the volume on the car then sounds perfect

SEAT-LEON-LOUIE

i read this 2 weeks ago , i got an adapter, fitted it and works perfectly ! such a cheap alternative ! ( but do remember to turn down the volume on the ipod/iphone just a little ) then bammmm ?! ALL GRAVY !!

frogboy

Hi mate i have used your gide and its a good idea. I just wana no if u are able to explain how 2 fit a cd payer in the top vents above the old unit ??????????

Jotag

been wondering where to put the wire for ages.

just done this and looks alot better now

you dont need to pull the wire from the main unit to the display unit, a just left them all attached.

Jul 21, 2010
hi all, just seen most people going on about a xcarlink or connect2, had enough of the tape idea and want some good sound quality but still wanting to use my iphone and keep it charged up wells im playing music, could do with a price and wheres the best place to buy from too!
thanks

jonny94

Jan 3, 2013
hawick
I've now done this mod, got a belkin one from amazon for like £8, fitted it in literally 5 minutes :)

lmow01

Aug 20, 2012
Quality of results depends on a couple of things, mainly the brand/quality of the tape adapter you use, don't get one of the Poundland specials, go for something like this one (which is what I bought):
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0007R4LI8/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can't stand listening to crap quality music in a car, but this really is spot on. As others have said, you should turn the device (i.e. phone, iPod) almost to full volume, but not the whole way (otherwise you get a bit of distortion), then just adjust the volume on the headunit like normal.

I did originally have a sony headunit in the glove box, but I wish I'd never gone to that hassle now!

Updown789

Apr 2, 2014
Can anyone tell me if the xcarlink lets you use the cd changer as well when you install it? Want to get one but not if I lose the changer. Will definitely be doing this in the meantime though!

Jul 21, 2010
Can anyone tell me if the xcarlink lets you use the cd changer as well when you install it? Want to get one but not if I lose the changer. Will definitely be doing this in the meantime though!

Yes you can use the xcarlink as well as using the cd changer as that's what I do :)