Bulb Sizes

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
emdee should have read a few post later ,, he corrected himself (i know an edit should be made)

but as above ive ordered 39mm ones , still awaiting delivery

Lee how long did they take m8, paid on 2nd for em , still not here :(

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
cant you post back and swap with the supplier

cant think what uses 42 to sell it on like

or goto halfrauds Open box carefully and cleanly use theirs, pop yours in there take back for refund and say they wouldnt fit

EmDee

Omnishambolic
cant you post back and swap with the supplier

cant think what uses 42 to sell it on like

or goto halfrauds Open box carefully and cleanly use theirs, pop yours in there take back for refund and say they wouldnt fit

It's okay, I've got the issue sorted for myself, but what I'm saying is that I don't think anyone else should have to go through it. All we need to do is change the first post in the thread and it won't happen to anyone else. It's not a major issue for me, but it was inconvenient and could have been avoided.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
cant believe im still waiting for mine

got a little Q for you all, just purchased myself a W8 light , in here there are 4 501's (apposed to 2x 501's and a 39mm festoon)

but these wedges fit into a little connector type thing then lock into lights ,

i assume these are normal 501's slotted in there ye

cheers

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
well mrs says a parcels in the house waiting with bulbs in , i aint ordered anything else so they must have finally turned up wehey :)

guess what im fitting when im getting home (exept for the rear neo thingies tho , leave mark have a look first

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
yep it was indead the leds

got loads of spares now , didnt think it through lol

one problem tho my boot light is much bigger than 39 more like 42 or more :(
also was lucky i over ordered the 501 wedges as recently bought a w8 light which has 4 501s appoased to x2 and a festoon

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
so numberplate lights use either 42mm or 39mm depending on how lucky you are think i may have to remove mine and measure the standard one.

how come those HID kits which have been reccomended are so cheap, kind of worry me, anyone used em?

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
so numberplate lights use either 42mm or 39mm depending on how lucky you are think i may have to remove mine and measure the standard one.

how come those HID kits which have been reccomended are so cheap, kind of worry me, anyone used em?

I was sceptical with HID kits too mate. These are the ones I bought. Excellent quality, low price, next day delivery from UK, I highly recommend them...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110489697262&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Also click on my reader's ride thread below if you want to see photos of what they look like etc. Only took me about 10mins fit too! :)

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay

No you need 39mm the info in the first post is wrong about the number plate bulbs.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.