VAG Cam belt tools

tolly_tdi

diesel power
Dec 13, 2008
York
After reading several guides and getting the video from cinctdi I will be (with a little help from my mechanic cousin) be changing the cam belt on my 1.9 TDI 110 asv.

Does anyone know where I can locate some aftermarket copies of the VAG tools used by technicians? I have had a look at sealeys does anyone any others.

cheers

tolly_tdi

diesel power
Dec 13, 2008
York
yeah will check out laser - have a few of their tools already - halfrauds stock them also.
The tools I am looking for are part of a full kit. There is the timing locking tool which could possibly be generally and the tensioner 'spanner' can be got off ebay. the rest are pretty specific. I was hoping that someone might have done this already on here! :D

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
The only tool that'll really be of any use is the locking pin for the injection pump, once its pinned nothing will move once the belt is off but i'd mark each pully against a none moving part of the engine as reference marks, There is no crank tool but you can 'time' the crank from the hole on the gear box end if you line up the marks on the block and the flywheel.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members