millers additive

strugers1

ok i know this has been done before but i have an interesting thing here
my mate matt has purchased a 225lcr not to long ago and ever since he had it i was convinced it was mapped due to the speed it shot past me it was an animal, i mean we floored it together and he was gone, he had it rr yesterday to 232 bhp at 6.5k (which i thought was unuseual for a standdard lcr as the power band was different to that) but anyway after using millars for a week we had i little play, and i kid you not we was even until4th gear when he pulled2 lengths and then we satyed even again.
it seems as though millars really does give more grunt as thats the only thing that has changed in my car!!
any thoughts???

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
This is easy.

Standard LCR has much lower torque figures than a remapped TDI you must have around 80-100lb/ft more than him. Remember its not BHP that accelerates a car its torque so that's why you kept up with him. His two car lengths is the gearing when you first pull off.

strugers1

thing is though mate before he left me and i mean completely left me thats why i thought it was mapped but it was close yesterday and its only millars thats changed so i though it might be that,
the advantage he has over a normal lcr his power goes all the way to the red when i though normal ones did not do that??

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
The standard LCR maps power goes flat and constant from 2000-5000 rpm I think. They hold the power very well so he just used the gearing.

Its very possible your car had an off day before - millers is good but I doubt that had the major difference unless you always use crap fuel in which case the rubbish fuel could you you upto 10bhp less!

strugers1

i always use v-power lol he had it rr at amd yesterday an it builds up per 1000rpm and produces 232bhp at 6.7k and 230lb ft torque all the way from2k to6.5k
its a very unuseual map for a standard car if i am honest but goes well for what it is though
bet your loving your mate lol only2 weeks and i get mine done too

strugers1

i agree and isagree mate in a friendly way lol
on my commute to work 15miles 8 motorway the rest town with v-power(its all i ever use) i can get 52mpg no matter temperature how hard or soft i drive i cant get anymore than that
put millars in i get near60 everytime and 500 miles to a tank compare to the 400-450 without it
think it just depends on the engine and stuff but a very interesting thread
just to me without it my mates car killed me, with it i get more mpg and only a tad slower than his 232bhp lcr so i can aford the extra 10 pound ever other month lol

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Yeah I know what you mean in terms of agreeing etc. Its one of those things that's different between cars and driving styles. I can't remember what I concluded in the end, but I now use mostly V-Power as we have a local Shell garage that matches Sainsburys prices on standard fuel so its not excessively more, and its easier. It gets the odd tank of Tesco derv too and you really notice the difference.

mattytmc

karl is right we have had many tears and was unhearted whn my standard lcr wud go past him. when we went last nite for a scud it was the closest he had come to catching up with me. i got it rolling roaded to see if infact the ease of which i passed him was that my carhad been mapped by a previous owner it made 226 at one rollers and 232 of the top of my head at amd

i will post the graphs up when i get a chance for the wizards to look at. the reason karl thought it was mapped is that i have beaten lcr that have been mapped by places like jabba etc and other cars that should kill my standrad car.

will get graphs up soon as

strugers1

hurry up matt lol
putting my car on here for sale matey i want a lcr seriously off topic i know but oh well lol

mattytmc

Photo-0008-1.jpg

the top one is the amd print out which cam out at 232.5bhp and torque of 226.1

Photo-0009-1.jpg

this is the printout of the dynodyamics rollers tht had me at 226.5bhp

Last edited by a moderator:

mattytmc

the one on the dynodynamics one is a high speed air fuel reading

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
I used Millers for a while last year. The car returned ~5mpg less & produced ~8bhp less on the RR with the additive than it did beforehand. Never used it again.

nam

May 29, 2007
Northwest
the only difference i have seen with using it is that its not smoking awere nere as much now, dont really seem to get more miles per tank or anything like that.