Leon flip Key guide

suzywoozy

Now I know this may sound stupid as there is alot of info above!! I have 1 2 button key which flashes but does nothing else for my 2001 (Y) reg Leon. I really want to get a flip key for it but can't work out how I'd re-programme it as I've only the one key that doesn't seem to work anyway!!
Can someone help a lady in distress!!!!!!????????????
Thank you :eek:)

chudy_lis

Now I know this may sound stupid as there is alot of info above!! I have 1 2 button key which flashes but does nothing else for my 2001 (Y) reg Leon. I really want to get a flip key for it but can't work out how I'd re-programme it as I've only the one key that doesn't seem to work anyway!!
Can someone help a lady in distress!!!!!!????????????
Thank you :eek:)
u need second key or VAG-COM interface. third option doesnt exist

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Hey guys im looking for some help/info. Ive got my second key and i have an old key with a transponder in but seeing as there only £3 and hard to get out id get a new one but heres my problem, i have taken my drivers lock out so is there anyway to re program the lock without the lock! As in can you use the boot lock? And does anyone in the herts area have vag-tacho i could borrow! I have vag com etc but not sure if its an upgrade etc. PS sorry for the questions but im on my phone so cant get to everything

Last edited:

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Right ive got the key cut but im stuffed if i can get the pin out to swap them over, is there a nack to it as ive read loads of audi guides etc and they say just push but ive bent every pin/bar ive got to try and get it out! Any help would be good!

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
sorry for so many questions, just annoyed cannot do this, and am thinking £150 at dealers is a good investment.

right tried to do this at lunchtime using these instructions:
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/vw-remote-matching.html -> nothing, zip, zilch, nada
it would not let me alter the number of keys to anything greater than 1.

was using vag-com registered version 311

why would this be?
also vag-tacho -> is this software that uses it's own cable? or is a vag-com cable good enough?
also, if i have no drivers door lock (de-locked) how can i remote sync? os is that part of the whole jobbie?

surinderjasleen

Roll Pin

HI, i have a leon x-reg, with the old style remote key. i have succesfully managed to buy n get working a new flip key with 2 buttons for my car.

BUT, i went to a guy to the get the new key cut, but he wouldnt cut the blank blade on the flip key i bought because he didnt trust the new blade i had on the new flip key in his cutter, so he cut n gave me one of his spare blank blades and cut it for me. Everything is fine with the blade BUT i need to swap over the 2 blades now. The one attached to the new flip key (uncut blade) is attached to the metal hinge but i cant see any so called "roll pin", so shuld come straight out but i cant get it out, and seems to b stuck. does anyone know how to get this out with damaging anything??

ALSO, because i have a new flip key, and its the first flip key i have, i have no roll pin to put into the new flip key when i get the blades changed over. where can i get one or what can i use?

Any help appreciated!!

leeo

Hi, I cannot get my flip key to sync with my car. (2001 TDI 110).

I bought an audi 2 button flip key from ebay, which I haven't cut the blade for yet, I wanted to sync it first. The audi key is 433mhz and it does have battery power as it was tested by a auto lock smith. I have 2 other keys; one remote with two buttons (unlock is very sticky which is why I wanted to get the flip key) and another seat key.

I have tried the method on the first page but nothing, no horn, no indicators and it doesn't lock or unlock the car.

One thing to note with my central locking is that when unlocking mechanically from drivers side it doesn't unlock all four doors it only unlocks the drivers door and doesn't disarm the alarm. Also when locking mechanically from the drivers it will lock all four doors however the drivers door lock pops up afterwards, to try the method I left it turned when locking and it stayed down. The passenger side works fine both unlocking and locking.

Any Help greatly appreciated, could it be related to my central locking or is it the audi key?

Many Thanks,

Lee

mikeyg_uk

Enthusiast
Feb 6, 2008
Brighton
Hi hoping someone can help.. Currently I've got one two button non flip key made by Hella which is 433mhz and a normal valet key.. I've just bought a seat two button flip key which is also made by Hella and is 433mhz. The product number for this key is HLO 1JO 959 753 N, will this work with my leon? Thanks

mikeyg_uk

Enthusiast
Feb 6, 2008
Brighton
New blade is done, got the transponder from the old valet key so that all good. Just need to program it, there are a few different guide so i'm a little confused. Does it Matter if I dont actually use the new key to put in the ignition or door (but obviously using the keyfob buttons on new remote to program it in)?

mikeyg_uk

Enthusiast
Feb 6, 2008
Brighton
Couldn't get the bugger to work, not even my stealer could get it to work with their computer.

it's verified as working by the stealer but I've given up with the key so I've bunged it on fleebay!!

I'm going to buy an exact model as I've already got, then hopefully I can't go wrong!! I hope!!

Does the working transponder need to be in the key before programming will work?

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
I wanted to do the flip key conversion, I bought a 2 button vw flipkey off ebay it arrived the other day from hong kong. Iv opened it up and it looks like i have to put a battery in one side which is find i will put this in from my old non-flip key with remote unlocking in it. but on the other side it looks like i put a chip in it with when you push the buttons from the outside it does the unlocking bit. but when looking in my non-flip remote key the chip is wider and a different shape.

any thought what to do?

also i was going to look into getting a genuine key blade to get cut in stead of gtting the one in this hong kong one cut as i dnt trust a cheap hong hong from snapping in my ignition.

i bought the hong hong key one ebay as it was less that £15 and it was shiney nice :)

One more thing the blade pointed on the hong kong one and looks different to my old blade but although i was going to replace it it makes me thin is it the wrong key? if it is maybe i could ask for a 3 button one as a replacement - BUT do these work? as in does the boot button work? i see one person's does any more people got it to work?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members