Auto Gauge boost gauge. How to wire up correctly!!!!

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
i have done this but mine dunt remember the colour ? i have to press the button to change it to red what have i done wrong:(

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
Have you made sure you connected the yellow gauge wire to the fat red wire on switchblock as this
is permanent live you need for memory? Have you double checked connections are good?

Last edited:

k_pt

one thing I dont understand
in some tutorials on the net is, theres a T on the installation ... shouldn't only go a tube from the IC pipe to the gauge?

(edit: I going for tdi pd)

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Mines in the FPR (fuel pressure regulator) follow the blue hose ;)

DSCF0316.jpg

stevekkk1

Jul 25, 2009
Camberley, Surrey
fitted mine at the weekend, took me 6 hrs but got there in the end, i used a long screwdriver for getting the vacuum pipe through the bulk head into the footwell, worked a treat, just taped the pipe to the end of the screwdriver and gently pushed it through the grommit. great instructions, very easy to follow

thanx

collins

Sep 29, 2009
Ettington,Warwickshire
hi guys,have managed to get the electrical side all wired up and working but cant see at all where the vac hose comes into the car,have drilled the grommet carefully and everything but cant see it at all inside the car,even with the fuse block removed and peering into the back of the dash,can feel some foam though.any ideas??

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Hey all,

Sorry to resurret this thread, i have bought a new digital LED boost guage, http://www.rspec.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_103&products_id=469

I need to confirm with somebody the wiring as its slightly different that any of the ones i have searched for on here.

It has the below:

Yellow = Battery (+)
Red = 12v+ Ignition switch
Black = ground

So if i read this thread right, my install should go

Yellow to fat red wire on the light switch block.
Red to grey wire with blue tracer on on switch block
Black to Brown

Is this correct?

k_pt

Hey all,

Sorry to resurret this thread, i have bought a new digital LED boost guage,

I need to confirm with somebody the wiring as its slightly different that any of the ones i have searched for on here.

It has the below:

Yellow = Battery (+)
Black = ground

Black to Brown

Is this correct?

I only had 2 wires on my boost gauge, a red and a black one, I unplugged the TCS/ESP button, and wired up the 2 wires of the boost, dont make connection with ignition on, you will burn a fuse (like I did lol) if you wire it wrong ... but if the ignition is off and you turn it on, even if its wired incorrectly, theres no problem :)

TCS/ESP plug has 3 holes, you'll just have to find out wich of them are de pos and neg, i just inserted the wire on the plug holes, and plugged it to the button, fixed and simple

Its working perfectly.

To pass thru the firewall, find a little rubber on the left side of your engine bay (on a LHD) near the electrovalve box, the black box with lots of hoses, take of that rubber and stick the hose to you get to the side panel of the dashboard, then bring it to where you want it

if need, i'll post some pics

sorry my for spelling, I know its bad :p

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Hey all,

Sorry to resurret this thread, i have bought a new digital LED boost guage, http://www.rspec.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_103&products_id=469

It has the below:

Yellow = Battery (+)
Black = ground

Black to Brown

Is this correct?

Since this is a digital gauge and won't have adjustable brightness there is an easier way than tapping the light switch; take the lower dash off on the drivers side, you with see the main power distribution blocks; crimp holed crimps onto your boost gauge wires and add on to this terminals, red to yellow and yellow to red. Above and to the left is the dash board earthing point; black to here. Ensure you use inline fuses where appropriate (yellow wire on gauge). Disconnect the battery before doing this.

Otherwise, from memory what you have said does look right :)

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Since this is a digital gauge and won't have adjustable brightness there is an easier way than tapping the light switch; take the lower dash off on the drivers side, you with see the main power distribution blocks; crimp holed crimps onto your boost gauge wires and add on to this terminals, red to yellow and yellow to red. Above and to the left is the dash board earthing point; black to here. Ensure you use inline fuses where appropriate (yellow wire on gauge). Disconnect the battery before doing this.

Otherwise, from memory what you have said does look right :)

THanks, What do you mean about inline fuses? before back in the good old days for fuses i would just crimp 2 connections with a connector and insert a fuse effectively joining them connection via the fuse.

Which wires would i need to fuse?

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
I only had 2 wires on my boost gauge, a red and a black one, I unplugged the TCS/ESP button, and wired up the 2 wires of the boost, dont make connection with ignition on, you will burn a fuse (like I did lol) if you wire it wrong ... but if the ignition is off and you turn it on, even if its wired incorrectly, theres no problem :)

TCS/ESP plug has 3 holes, you'll just have to find out wich of them are de pos and neg, i just inserted the wire on the plug holes, and plugged it to the button, fixed and simple

Its working perfectly.

To pass thru the firewall, find a little rubber on the left side of your engine bay (on a LHD) near the electrovalve box, the black box with lots of hoses, take of that rubber and stick the hose to you get to the side panel of the dashboard, then bring it to where you want it

if need, i'll post some pics

sorry my for spelling, I know its bad :p
Thanks i have all the engine bay stuff complete and brought into the cabin already.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
THanks, What do you mean about inline fuses? before back in the good old days for fuses i would just crimp 2 connections with a connector and insert a fuse effectively joining them connection via the fuse.

Which wires would i need to fuse?

The distribution block you will tap into is not fused..hence you need a fuse between the gauge and the dist. block in the permanent live. Switched live dist. block is fused already IIRC.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members