sorry, was looking on my iphone....small screen so missed that
i'll go down and order some tomorrow

are they easy to fit?
should i not be driving the car?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
GSF will stock them take some tools and do it there ;)

Never changed mine (think i'm the only one on here not too lmao) number 4 you have to move the reservoir but that's easy enough.

bakez222

if you guys want coil packs, go to Euro Car Parts as i work for them and we supply the genuine coils cheaper than the dealers and also OE Beru coils too! Just be careful coz there are some really nasty cheap coils out there lol!

ibizaluke

just bought myself an ibiza cupra, the coils have just gone, which once are the best to buy, must reliabe, best for proformance etc?

Giant AC1

Firstly unplug each injector seperately whilst the car is running, and see if the engine note changes on idle, if a coil pack has gone it will *not* make any difference to the way the engine is running, so therfore the coil pack in front of that injector is faulty/failed ., or this might sound strange but pop all four coil packs out and sniff them, one should smell like its burnt out, thats if its the coil packs!

top tip my good man (and you've saved me the bother of started ANOTHER coil pack thread)
:D

VIKINGODIN

Oct 19, 2009
south wales
cupra r will not do more than 120mph

Hi guys,Ive just bought a mk1 cupra r 210,when I accelarate and reach 4000 revs it starts to jolt/judder/jump,there doesnt seem to be as much power as there should be,when i reached 120mph on the track the other weekend it wouldnt go any faster and the revs wouldnt go past 5000 in 5th or 6th gear,can anyone help me?Thanks :cry:

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
Hi guys,Ive just bought a mk1 cupra r 210,when I accelarate and reach 4000 revs it starts to jolt/judder/jump,there doesnt seem to be as much power as there should be,when i reached 120mph on the track the other weekend it wouldnt go any faster and the revs wouldnt go past 5000 in 5th or 6th gear,can anyone help me?Thanks :cry:

when my coil pack went it was rough through entire rev range

shauncupra

Jun 19, 2007
Norwich,Norfolk
It could be coils mate but it could also be a plug/plugs breaking down which would effect it as the compression will be higher at a high rpm's and what could be happening is what they call spark blow out

might be worth checking your plugs matey..

VIKINGODIN

Oct 19, 2009
south wales
It could be coils mate but it could also be a plug/plugs breaking down which would effect it as the compression will be higher at a high rpm's and what could be happening is what they call spark blow out

might be worth checking your plugs matey..

Hi shauncupra,thanks for advice :) would it affect the way the turbo seems to pull cos sometimes it seems it pulls nicely and im glued to the chair where as other times in high gears it just half gives it to me,i dont have turbo gauges so i dont know,it crapped out when i first bought it and guys in garage reckon there was a loose hose and they fixed it after putting it on an ice machine or summat lol,but since then it kinda judders when accelarating :(

ibizaluke

when my coil packs first started to go it only used to miss fire when i got into the higher revs and then deterated to a perminant miss fire, if that helps

VIKINGODIN

Oct 19, 2009
south wales
when my coil packs first started to go it only used to miss fire when i got into the higher revs and then deterated to a perminant miss fire, if that helps

Would that make the car judder a lil bit on accelerating past 4000 revs and also stop it going over 120mph?what does misfiring sound/feel like?

shauncupra

Jun 19, 2007
Norwich,Norfolk
Hi shauncupra,thanks for advice :) would it affect the way the turbo seems to pull cos sometimes it seems it pulls nicely and im glued to the chair where as other times in high gears it just half gives it to me,i dont have turbo gauges so i dont know,it crapped out when i first bought it and guys in garage reckon there was a loose hose and they fixed it after putting it on an ice machine or summat lol,but since then it kinda judders when accelarating :(

You could get a gauge put in mate just to see if its holding boost correctly..

as for the juddering it could well be a coil/s breaking down under load but usualy they just go, or like i said a bad plug/s which is no real ill spend for piece of mind to be honest.. (be sure they are at least NGK platinum/iridium's or similar)

see how you get on and let us know

cheers ;)

Last edited:

ThackersLCR

Jul 5, 2008
Blackpool
Hi guys. Good bit of reading here. I think im having coil pack issues also. Iv been overfueling for a couple of weeks, when looking last week, notied number 1 had com out of its housing, not so that it misfired, but theres lack of power at top end, presumably when i reach the higher revs but what would cause it to do this? Plugs are all in correctly and iv swapped the suspect coil into number 2, where it also rises up.