Mk5 Ibiza Bulb List

Deleted member 33999

Rear Lights
Fog Light - P21W 382
Reverse Gear - R10W 245
Brakelights - P21 / SW Long Life 380
Sidelights - P21 / 5W Long Life 380
Indicator - PY21W 581 How To: Guide

Yeah, just thought I'd let everyone know. The reversing light is NOT a R10W at all. In fact it's not even a bayonett type fitting.

Its a W16W (written on the light unit and confirmed with my own two eyes looking at the bulb)

See Here

I know that link says brake light, but that's it more common use and if it's not behind a red lens it will be "white"...

[RANT]I'm UBER peed off with SEAT about this, cos my reversing light went, so I checked the book, checked here and (no agro at the op here, it does say extract) both rekon 245, but believe me, it's the wrong size, shape, wattage and type to fit the unit. Methinks I'll be having a word at the stealers about giving me a free bulb seen as until I took the unit out and looked I didn't know I'd got the wrong bulb... and the bulb in question (W16W) isn't mentioned ANYWHERE in the manual!!![/RANT]

Last edited by a moderator:

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Thanks for the update. I've changed the first post so no one else gets duped by the manual.

Keep at SEAT, it's the least they can do given that it's their mistake. You'd've thought that o something as important as the manual that every detail would be checked and double checked before printing off several thousand of them.

Feb 8, 2011
Could it be that the 5-door uses R10W even though the SC doesn't?
I seem to remember reading that they are different. My 5-door has one reversing light each side and I believe I read that the SC has only one.

Deleted member 33999

Hmm, must admit I hadn't thought of that.... and the SC does only have one (the other is blanked off). Either way, it should mention it in the manual!

Algarvian

On Single Headlights, do not buy leds for indicator.
It doesn't fit the optic.

I bought this ones :581-360-degree-amber-led-bulb-pair @ autobulbsdirect
They are too large to fit the optics. Gonna try to put em on the rear optics.

Mark_Jones

Stuff
Jul 15, 2010
Norfolk
Could it be that the 5-door uses R10W even though the SC doesn't?
I seem to remember reading that they are different. My 5-door has one reversing light each side and I believe I read that the SC has only one.

Just been out to look at my 5 Door Sport (2011 model) and the reversing bulbs dare R10W.
And are quite pathetic for reversing! I think they must be 'to be seen, not to see'....!

watchboy

Apr 3, 2011
Greece
Just been out to look at my 5 Door Sport (2011 model) and the reversing bulbs dare R10W.
And are quite pathetic for reversing! I think they must be 'to be seen, not to see'....!

R10W is correct for 5D models. I think if you want more light, you can replace them with SMD LED bulbs, but I think your dash will light up for error.

Alex1411

HELP PLEASE haha

hey guys, total newb here, never posted before but read several posts, some gooood stuff on here. I have a seat ibiza cupra mk5/6J which does NOT have Bi-Xenon headlights, does anybody know how I could get that bright white/blue look of the Xenons by just changing the bulbs possibly?

Cheers

Alex1411

cheers, do they look anything similar to xenons or is clearly noticable that they are not xenons? Also, I read on here that using higher power bulbs such as these can cause issues with the wiring overheating? Is this likely to happen or a common issue do you know?

many thanks

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Dont think anybody has had that issue so far.

You can definately tell that they aren't xenons, the same way you can tell HID aren't them and just blind the absolute crap out of you! :whistle: anyway...they'll just produce a near white light instead of the yellow colour.

Shelby

Mar 1, 2011
West London
Ive got the ultra bulbs and they do make a hell of a difference in terms of light output onto the tarmac. you can tell they are not HIDs or Xenons, they just are a white light, and do look rather sharp. for less than a tenner, you have a great upgrade/mod.

Alex1411

Thanks guys. So not only do they produce a better quality light they look much better aswell because the only thing I am really trying to achieve is the visual look. Have you just replaced the main bulbs shelby or the sidelights and fogs etc? I dont suppose you would mind sending me the link to the site or the details of where you got yours from please :). I know I probably sound dumb but I'm fairly new to the mod game haha. Also, any idea of how much a set of ibiza cupra 17" Sira alloys hardly used in mint condition would fetch as I have a set I may consider selling at some point?

Many Thanks

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
So the Ultra headlight bulbs give more useable light than the standard ones?
Not bothered about looks, I'd rather be able to see at night

Shelby

Mar 1, 2011
West London
in my opinion, they give off more light, especially noticeable when driving along dark lanes wityh no streetlighting, the whole place is lit up a treat.
re: where to buy, good old ebay, and do a search for ultra bulbs H7 for the dipped beam, H7 for the full beam, W5W for the 4 little sidelights, and HB4 for the front fogs. Ive not changed the front fogs yet, bit of a chore involving bumper removal etc, so will get round to it soon enough.
Go to the Mk5 Ibiza FAQ list, and there is a bulb list thread and a how to guide for alot of the bulbs. worth checking out for sure.
Also, no idea bout the 17" wheels either I'm afraid....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise