diesel particulate filter cleaner

• Thread starter Deleted member 67732
  • Start date

Deleted member 67732

has anyone used diesel particulate filter cleaner additive, namely made by forte, wynns and jlm, any information would be apreciated.
supposedly it increases the burn tempreture, premature cylinder head troubles spring to mind ?
jlm have an impresive web site explaning all about this filter,and 4 technicians views about it who have used it.

thank you.

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
I didn't even know this was available. I took my car for a good dual carriageway run to hopefully clear the DPF, I'll never know if it was nearly blocked or not. How can you tell?
Maybe the best solution is to give the car a good thrashing every couple of weeks to make sure the DPF doesn't block?

Deleted member 67732

regeneration

its not critical to give your car a good thrashing, as long as you retain over 2500 rpm, do a continuous run with out droping below 40mph, and keep the car in 4th gear, it will regenerate,you will not be aware this is happening. with the exception of your fuel not going as far, because more fuel is injected into the engine by the ecu when it sences the filter needs cleaning, this is done to raise the tempreture to 600c,in order to burn off the soot
however,should your diesel particulate filter warning light come on,do as above until the warning light goes out, regeneration is now completed,its best to check your oil level after this is done, as excess fuel could accumilate in your sump above the maximum fill mark.
the purpose of the cleaner additives is for cars doing low urban journeys, and who do not have close access to a motorway or duel carrigeway to clear the warning light, the additive is claimed to do this, as it contains cirium which forms a catalyst around the soot which lowers the soot burn off tempreture to around 350c
jlm additive also claims to act as a preventative measure, lowering the tempreture that the soot burns off at, and it also increases the fuel gas tempreture.

Deleted member 67732

so no forum members have used any type of diesel particulate filter cleaner?

Apr 4, 2011
woodford green
just asking if any one has used any of the additive dpf cleaners my mrs polo has lights galore on the dash , we are going to give it a wizz up the motorway and see if that cures it if not something in the tank is going to be the next option

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members