This N249 bypass mod, FAO all of those who seem to dont understand it..

Dudfield

well i done this tonight was really easy but i do need some clips at where all the pipes connects looks a bit loose

not driven the car yet but will find out in the morning

dan23

yep i done mine now but would like to also fit a boost gauge in the car so was wondering how to do it, am i right in saying put another t piece in the bypass and run it into the car then just fit boost gauge

Dudfield

thats what ive read but im sure someone will be able to confirm that

dan23

right since doing the by-pass i have noticed that my car warms up very very quickly, like by the time i drive out of the close and 800 yards up the road its already on quarter temp. any ideas ?????

Their I's no reason I can see why the engine I's. Warming up quicker from doing the bypass. You will either get reduced performance or limp mode doing it wrong. You sure you have done it correctly? Also I used a cross piece instead of a t piece for my boost gauge but you could just add another t piece near the other.

dannygoodson123

We need more guides like this! Done it 2day in 15mins. Was a piece of piss and i waa unsure it would make a difference but it boosts smoother and the forge 007p is much more audioable even on a standed air box setup. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Right, I know what to do know and think I understand what the N249s for etc etc. However 1 little question, what do the 2 pipes you block with the bolts actually do, where do they go etc?

ashtec

Oct 7, 2012
chandlers ford
I just got a Leon copra r someone has done this to it in the past. I'm going to convert it back so any one wanting to find a home for there old hoses I'd be happy to do a deal.

dandanibiza

May 7, 2012
Do you only need the t-peice if your running a boost gauge? I've got an fr and i can't see why i Need 2 seperate pipes. I've just got one pipe running from the inlet manifold to the DV?

Also wanted to ask where everyone puts the n249 and n112 connectors once the resistors are in as mine are resting on top of the engine and getting rather hot

thanks for any replys.

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
Their I's no reason I can see why the engine I's. Warming up quicker from doing the bypass. You will either get reduced performance or limp mode doing it wrong. You sure you have done it correctly? Also I used a cross piece instead of a t piece for my boost gauge but you could just add another t piece near the other.

Have you got a picture of your setup pal?

Few people would be grateful, and maybe the OP could inlcude that pic in his post.

admasiv

great thread did it to mine today how easy only thing is after doing it ive noticed a very slight flutter and mean slight is this normal?

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Thansk to OP, used this at the weekend. Even with a B&W print :)

Only difference for me was I used 3mm not 4mm as I had shed loads in the garage.

Top stuff :D

Last edited:

Dejavoo

Just done this, thanks OP although my brain couldnt work out the whole t piece thing for a while and then it all clicked lol :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.