Electric auto folding mirrors when locking, Help!

aymen

Jun 22, 2012
Hello Fellow Seat Alhambra Owners!

Sorry if this qustion has already beem asked in the forum, I'm a Newbie :help:

Does anyone know if it's possible to program the key fob to activate the auto folding mirrors when locking the car? I have Seat alhambra 2011 SE Lux and so far I have tried to fold the mirrors by holding the lock button on the key fob but unfortunetly it does not work on the electric folding mirrors.

I've been only able to fold the mirrors in by using the dial/knob inside the car.

Does anyone know how to auto fold the mirrors in when locking the car using the remote locking key? or is it just not possible?

Many thanks for taking the time to read this and your help in advance.

Aymen

ibiza95

Mar 13, 2008
ipswich, suffolk
probably best to ring seat for advice mate, not many people seem to know alot about the alhambra on here so the advice is limited, although someone with vagtacho may ( just like the auto up windows) be able to program it (if its possible) i have a 2001 model and want auto folding mirrors from a newer model

aymen

Jun 22, 2012
Hello ibiza95,

Thanks for your reply, I will try to contact Seat to find out weither it's possible to program it, Let's hope it's not cost me an arm and a leg!

Thanks again

A-spot

Did they provide you with what you where looking for, I'm keen to have my mirrors pull in on the locking action of the keyfob, if its purely a coding issue on VAGCOM, then please share:coolthumb

aymen

Jun 22, 2012
Hello A-spot,

I contacted SEAT few months ago and their reply was that apparently SEAT ALHAMBRA does not come with the option to fold the side mirrors using the key fob :cry: Such a shame if true. They also said that they will keep me updated if they find any way around it.

So far Nothing………..Sorry

A-spot

Ah, shame that, cheers for response though. 2013 is the 10th Birthday of our Alhambra, so I'm trying to treat it with a fedw extras, I guess door/mirror closure is now off the cards :cry: :D

aymen

Jun 22, 2012
Happy Birthday LOL :clap:
I love my SEAT ALHAMBRA Its one of the best cars I ever had, You could probably treat your ALHAMBRA with electric side mirrors but only using a dial/knob inside the car not the key fob though… To be %100 sure check with your dealer or someone who has the expertise.

gorstj

It is possible to fold the mirrors with the keyfob

Take a look at the new thread I have started today regarding VCDS VAGCOM mods.

baba_metca

May 4, 2016
Hello,
I know that this is an old topic, but I cannot find the exact thread from 'gorstj'.

I have a 2016 Alhambra Style that has a dial/knob from the inside to fold and heat the mirrors.

I went to the local Seat service shop and they said that it can not be done. On other forums I'm seeing that in some case people change the windows motors with it's black box (or just the black box), do additional wiring, or just use the latest VAGCOM and some coding to do the trick. And yes this is on other VAG Models, like Skoda Octavia, Audi A1, Passat CC and others.

If anyone knows that this can be done only through VAGCOM, or any other way, please share. Much appreciated.

Regards,
Teodor M

rodneytrotter

Dec 2, 2014
Hi baba_metca, I've got a 2011 Alhambra and I was able to use VCDS to make this modification. So now when I hold down the lock button on the key fob for a couple of seconds the mirrors fold in.

Here's the original thread:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=381620

You will need the VCDS software and the dongle to do the modification though.

Last edited:

baba_metca

May 4, 2016
Thank you very, very much.
I was unable to find this thread, as user 'gorstj' is maybe no longer a user in the forum. I will try and find an appropriate hardware and software for this manipulation and will write back with the results.

baba_metca

May 4, 2016
Thank you again.
The modification worked for my Alhambra too. I'm very happy with this function. Thank you again for the support.

I bought an OBDeleven Pro dongle and 5 minutes later mode done. I wonder why the dealer was so not helpful on this matter. It's not that i wanted this for free. I told them that I will pay whatever the fee is, like a 1/2 hour or something. The answer was "not possible", just like 'gorstj'. Well their loss, but next time when they say the same I'll probably not believe them 100%.

Thank you again.

Kelsey7

Mar 27, 2017
Hi babe please can you tell me how you did this I have just brought a alambra 2014 and wing mirrors don't fold in on fob but was told they do. I am new to this site and not sure how this works

baba_metca

May 4, 2016
If they can fold from the inside mirror switch, they should do from the key fob. Like Ben said you should hold the lock key for a few seconds. Go in the original thread suggested by rodney for details on how to program it. Good luck.

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
I have sent an Email to Carista as i contaced them regarding this for my partners one and they said to me that they havnt found a way of doing it, but ive sent them the coding from the other thread so I will await a reply and hopfully it can be added to their app

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Odd, thought it would be relatively high priority to add. I did mine through obdeleven, plenty around if you can get someone local to you to come do it

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.