Ibiza 1.4 Showing MPG AS 15.7?!!!

Dannyh786

Jul 4, 2017
Hi all,

I own a Seat ibiza sport black, 2010. So i've had the car for a while and noticed that the fuel is very poor. Whenever i find the average MPG, it is always around 15.2 to 15.7, yet when driving it shows the other MPG setting around 40 ish. when the tank is half full it only shows as having around 80 to 85 as the range, and £10 will only give me around 30 miles if that. I have replaced the fuel filter and yet the problem still occurs, i have got the fuel injectors inspected and there was no problems with that, any help will be appreciated!

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Hi all,

I own a Seat ibiza sport black, 2010. So i've had the car for a while and noticed that the fuel is very poor. Whenever i find the average MPG, it is always around 15.2 to 15.7, yet when driving it shows the other MPG setting around 40 ish. when the tank is half full it only shows as having around 80 to 85 as the range, and £10 will only give me around 30 miles if that. I have replaced the fuel filter and yet the problem still occurs, i have got the fuel injectors inspected and there was no problems with that, any help will be appreciated!

Are you doing short city traffic journeys (less than 15 mins) in this cold weather? Also which petrol are you using? Supermarket?

Also is your average mpg (since start, since refuel, or long term average?) Serviced it recently?

Last edited:

Dannyh786

Jul 4, 2017
Are you doing short city traffic journeys (less than 15 mins) in this cold weather? Also which petrol are you using? Supermarket?

Also is your average mpg (since start, since refuel, or long term average?) Serviced it recently?

Both short and long journeys, fuel problem has persisted on good weather too, unfortunately. Average MPG is based on the time i drive, and i normally reset the range etc when i fuel. still shows on on board computer and to my own calculation about 15 MPG. Car was serviced in june i believe.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise