Engine flush

Brianch

Mar 20, 2016
Horwich
My 2013 Ibiza Cupra with 27000 miles is due for a service at the dealers. They have asked if I want an engine flush. Car only does about 3000 mile per year and I have it serviced bi-annually using fully synthetic oil. Can anyone advise is it worth it?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
In that case you should accept their offer of an engine flush, then get the service indicator changed to 10K/12 months and get it serviced every year as doing that low mileage AND only servicing the car every 24 months is not clever.

Brianch

Mar 20, 2016
Horwich
Thanks for the reply. It was SEAT who informed me of the 2 year service option when I made them aware of my low annual mileage. Now I am somewhat confused.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
If you are able to do simple jobs on your own car, maybe consider leaving the official servicing to once every two years, but replace the oil and filter "in between" always using SEAT(VW Group) sourced oil filter and a approved high quality engine oil.

That is what I did with my 2011 Audi S4 as stupid Audi dealer had left that car on variable long servicing - it came to me at 12.5K miles and just over 2 years old, and I only use it very longer journeys so maybe currently running 3.5K miles a year (what a waste of a car?)

Now that it is out of extended warranty I do all the servicing and that is done every 12 months.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.