Girling 280mm front caliper Brake slider pins

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
for the Lucas/girling type calipers

the bit the caliper slides along - in need if 3

new they only come with a caliper frame so looking for someone with some old/crap calipers

desperate if any one can find me 3 ??????

off to scrappy's saturday to steal some but be good if anyone has some

FORD part number - F6141154 (pack of 2)

and yes i did snap em off - but in my defense they were well corroded and stuck :redface:

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
for future reference :):):)

problem solved - sat at work pondering spending £80 a side on caliper frames as VAG only sell the slider pins with the frame :censored:

remembered i'd seen the LUCAS type caliper elsewhere - quick sarnie/ciggie and a drink and VOILA :idea:

Ford Granada H reg rear calipers -as fitted on my grasstracker - quick call to a mate at FORD dealers to find that they do them in kits (2 pins only) for about £8 each - ask for a delivery to verify and strike me down with a feather :thumbup: SORTED

i'll post teh part number up as soon i sort me invoice out

Future reference for 256/280mm fronts and rear style LUCAS calipers

WHEN the sliders jam and shear off DONT buy new frames - pop to ya local FORD dealer and order - F******

part number adding later

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
nearly forgot

FORD part number - F6141154 (pack of 2) £8.00 + vat roughly

and worth every penny

off to check the rears don't snap now - lol

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
just a recap again, are these the slider pins you need to replace anyway?

just seen this - sorry

not 'have' to as such if originals are clean greased and smooth sliding ok but as they are common for siezing up anyway and the VAG ones only come with the complete frame assy it's a cheaper easier way to replace em

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Don't know if you've got sorted yet. The sliders for the girling calipers that go with the 256mm discs are exact same part number as the 2.0 ltr 16 valve cordoba 280mm ones. And from what I remember, as I don't have the car anymore to compare, the Mk2 Skoda felicia I used to have had sliders that looked very similiar. .

Deleted member 32025

bit confused, mot was yesterday and my brakes were 24% unbalanced (limit is 25%!) quick look and one of the slider pins was seized.
Do the ford ones you talk about fit all standard front brakes? Or only certain ones I don't know what LUCAS type means..... thanks!

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
They should fit yours Sin. As you have 256mm brakes. I'd try cleaning them up and greasing first though if they don't snap.

Deleted member 32025

Yeah I managed to get the seized one out with a bit of spray lubricant and a hammer, but the problem is that the rubber protector around it has cracked which is how it managed to seize because water and muck has got in there. I did put grease around it and put it back in but still i would like to get a replacement because the metal has got Pitting corrosion so it will probably seize up again soon.
Cheers for the quick reply!

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
GSF used to do a slider kit that people used to think was the pins whereas in fact it was just the gaiter (u need) and some grease

when i get back in i'll dig out the numbers

Deleted member 32025

Yeah that would be useful if not i'll have to see how much ford are wanting for them.
Do the ones from ford come with the rubber gaiters?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise