Hi Everyone - Looking at TDi FR 150

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Yes, picked it up at 10am, I love it! Its a fantastic car, its taking some getting used to driving it, and I havent given it too much welly - totally over the moon with it.

Its been raining pretty much all day, so its a bit dirty now, but as there was a break in the clouds I have taken a few shots - I am a professional photographer part time, so I will get some decent shots soon, but heres the quick snaps I took.

http://www.cm-photos.co.uk/events/seat/index.html

Wot do you think, the wheels look great dont they!. The scratch that they noticed is on the back wheel arch, they have touched it up and said they will respray that whenever I am free.

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
This was pre-registered at the end of September. So none of their 3 ones had the R bumpers on them, however one had the wheels which where swapped over to mine.

I think if you where to actually order one, then yes they would all have the R bumpers as per the current deal.

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Well they had a petrol on the forcourt and that had the same wheels as the others, so not sure.

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Hi mate, yeah, this is my home now.

Car is tucked up in the garage now, but I am thinking of what I might need from Sainsburys so I can go back out again.

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
cstevens said:
This was pre-registered at the end of September. So none of their 3 ones had the R bumpers on them, however one had the wheels which where swapped over to mine.

I think if you where to actually order one, then yes they would all have the R bumpers as per the current deal.

I like the FR/Cupra bumpers anyway........I just wasn't sure if it should have the R bumpers.

You happy with the colour? Looks great with those wheels!! [B)]

banger 115

May 19, 2005
The one im getting as the cupra extras on, could of got pre fr+ abit cheaper..

ronnie how does the handling compare to the focus.? really like to throw it about..

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Donnyboy said:
I like the FR/Cupra bumpers anyway........I just wasn't sure if it should have the R bumpers.

You happy with the colour? Looks great with those wheels!! [B)]

Love the colour, its definitely a darker shade than silver isnt it. The wheels look almost titanium and suit the mirrors. I absolutely love the car!

I have spent the last hour or so comparing the Cupra R bumpers and my FR ones, I think I actually prefer the FR ones (good job as thats what I have got), but they just seem to look right if that makes any sense...not to say that the Cupra R ones dont look good, but I am happy with what I got, and very happy that I got the wheels.

Shrek

Sep 20, 2004
Wokingham
cstevens said:
I have spent the last hour or so comparing the Cupra R bumpers and my FR ones, I think I actually prefer the FR ones (good job as thats what I have got), but they just seem to look right if that makes any sense...not to say that the Cupra R ones dont look good, but I am happy with what I got, and very happy that I got the wheels.
TBH this is what I've thought as well, generally I think I prefer the Cupra/FR front to the R one, although I have to say I do like the LCR alloys...

Anyway nice pics mate, glad you are happy with the motor, did you get the scratch sorted? Is it reasonably minor? Nothing looked obvious from the pics but I didn't look too closely.

Finally... welcome to the Sooty Seat side! ;)

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Thanks mate

They touched up the scratch so it wasnt so obvious (its about half an inch across the top of the rear wheel arch), they said whenever I am free they will give me a car for the day and sort it out properly.

You can see it, but its not obvious now. Will get it sorted in a few weeks, but how will I cope without my best new toy for a whole day?

Shrek

Sep 20, 2004
Wokingham
cstevens said:
Will get it sorted in a few weeks, but how will I cope without my best new toy for a whole day?
Lol - I know the feeling! Car was in for a service a few weeks back and they gave me an Ibiza 2.0l (S or something?) and it gave me back ache even though I'm not a sufferer of back problems and worse than that it was a completely gutless engine, it drove no better than a 1.4... was so glad to get my FR back! ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.