What should I do

AL-TDI

AL-TDI
May 10, 2005
Walsall West Mids
Took my Leon in for the fuel pump recall and tested the water with regards to the clutch slipping the stealer tried to make out that it was highly unlikely that the clutch would be slipping as its only done 15k, I know it is but as I have had it Revo'd I did not want to push it too much just yet. What I need to know is the SP1 unit that you purchase from Revo is it individual to each car or do they work on others of the same spec? The reason I ask is that I tried to save some cash when I had it done and paid for the flash only thinking why would I want to put it back to standard settings that question has now been answered as I cant really push it with the stealer when its not running standard settings alternativly I pay for a new clutch but what do I go for and more importantly what is it going to cost as it seems pointless replacing with the standard set up if it only lasts a few months (9k showing when it was Revo'd clutch slipping at 15k)or is the clutch that is fitted faulty? Either way I will have to shell out £150 for the SP1 unit and try and get the stealer to do it under warranty but he could refuse and then ive wasted £150 or just bite the bullet and buy an uprated clutch. :confused:
I hate this time of year its all spend spend spend

ps Merry Christmas all :)

prc

Sooty Meister
Hi,
The SPS1 unit with work on all Revo'd cars. Try the for sale section and e-bay as the pop up often enough.
As for the clutch...it's more than known that the clutch is the weakest link on a chipped diesel. I've said it a thousand times --> I've seen brand new cars with clutch slip!
The cold weather doesn't help as your engines producing more torque.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
And you might also find the slipping stops when you set it back to normal, so you won't be able to demo to the dealer. Definitely worth trying though.

The long term solution is an uprated clutch, which has been discussed in various threads already :)

Mint FRST

Clutch slippage

AL-TDI did you take it To Barlows in Wolverhampton?

I have a Revo'd 04 which is due a 40 thou service after Xmas and I will be expecting the clutch to be changed.

Im near Cannock but dont have an SPS controller. My mate who is an Audi Tech has said they will not even suspect it is chipped or at least wont be able to tell?

The only thing I may do is to get him to reset all limits via Vag Com and send it in.

Let me know how you get on.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.