Where to start Mk1 R

Matt3743

Oct 7, 2015
Hi guys

I've just bought a Mk1 Cupra R just interested to know what bits I can do in terms of modification that are relatively cheap straight forward.

I was considering stage 1/2 remap. Just wandering what kind of gains can be seen from this on a 224bhp standard model.

Anything other common mods worth looking into?

Cheers

anni25pd

Jul 23, 2012
glasgow/ayrshire
Hi mate, hope your enjoying you're R ! How many miles has it covered? I prefer to ensure suspension, brakes and bushes are all in good order before any tuning options.
An open cone filter & heatshield really livens up these engines, an updated dog bone mount makes a lovely difference to the feel of the car. From there id look at uprated turbo intake pipe (tip) or possibly a rear anti roll bar makes a big difference.
A stage one remap can be done without any supporting mode and should see you to around 265bhp. I'd do a search on the numerous threads on here debating a generic flash or a custom remap and decide for yourself which is the best option.
Again enjoy

Matt3743

Oct 7, 2015
Thank you. I haven't picked it up yet but am eager to do so!

Just getting itchy fingers and thinking ahead ;-)

I will have a look into a stage 1 map I think. As for suspension I may hang off just for a while as this isn't really my toy, trying to get a good mix of practicality and performance for now!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise