jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
You will need:

1 x Footrest
Drill
Allan key
Time taken: 30 mins (now that I know what I am doing) but it really is that easy.

IMAG0182.jpg

IMGP5861.jpg

First remove the footrest. there are two "plugs" holding it in place. The one screws out very easily, this one here, located behind the brake pedal.

SCREW:
IMAG0180.jpg

The second one is not a screw but more of a plug. You need to lift the centre bit out which will then enable you to simply pull the plug out. This is located on the side of the footrest.

PLUG:
IMAG0181.jpg

Once the footrest is out, please note on the rear there are 2 hooking points to anchor the footrest so lift it upwards towards the dash to remove it, you can line up the footrest cover how you want it to fit on the footrest. Mark off the hole locations and drill the pilot holes for the bolts.

IMGP5859.jpg

Once this is done, simply mount the footrest cover and fasten the supplied bolts and voila!

IMGP5862.jpg

IMGP5865.jpg

IMGP5866.jpg

Refit in the reverse of the removal and you're done. No pics of it fitted as it's dark now and I will only do it in the morning.

Thanks for watching and hope it helps some one else down the line.

Last edited:

140red

looks sweet can anyone point me in the right direction for 1 of these and a set of pedals ??

chuckb

Mo bark n' Mo grunt
Apr 4, 2010
Sunny Slough
Pedal covers are £99.99 and just fitted mine. Just got foot rest tomorrow morning to do. I got an FR one and to do the F and the R in the right colours on the cut out Im backing the foot rest in Black and Red tape in the right place (OCD its a beautiful thing) will post up pictures on my thread tomorrow

gauldy617

Looks good, I'm away to do mine shortly. Anybody ken where I can get a full set of pedals?

Boydt1

Mar 20, 2013
Cheers for the instructions, however - "The second one is not a screw but more of a plug. You need to lift the centre bit out which will then enable you to simply pull the plug out"

I'm having real trouble getting this bugger out. I've tried brute force by prying with a screwdriver and all I've achieved is smashed knuckles on the clutch pedal when it slips.

Please can anyone offer me any tips or techniques on how to get this stubborn bit of plastic out?