GUIDE: Retro fitting OEM Bluetooth

peter3hg

Aug 14, 2012
I've just installed a full sized MFD screen in my Leon (pre-FL) and I can't get the phone to show up on the MFD. It still works on the RNS-510 screen like it always has. The BT unit I have is 5N0 035 730C.
Is this a coding issue or will that BT unit not work with the red MFD?

Edit: Just noticed I have a D, not a C, that'll be why it doesn't work.

Last edited:
It appears that my 2011 Leon 1.2 TSI is a "GoodStuff" model, which means it has had bluetooth fitted as an option (It didn't come as standard from what I can see but I can confirm it's there because I use it) but the A2DP functionality doesn't seem to be activated (or available).

I'm guessing that I have to switch the Bluetooth unit for the one in the later Copa SE but first I'm going to try to find out if it's possibly just a switchable option in VAG-COM. If it is, then that one thing justifies purchasing VAG-COM ... otherwise I guess I have to either replace the BT unit or get one of those Chinese Windows-based touch screen (pseudo RNS 510) units to fit in the radio hole and drive that with the phone instead.

Any insight would be appreciated and in the meantime I'll keep trying lots of different search terms :) ....

<Later Edit>
WOOWOOOO !!! .. I just found this thread (this Site)/forums/showthread.php?t=345000 ... I wonder if it's the same for my Leon ... (sorry - I can't post links yet)
</Later Edit>

Last edited:

riflesbolt

Jan 30, 2015
Sorry I know this in an old thread but thought I'd try. I plan to fit OEM Bluetooth to my 08 Leon Cupra, I've already fitted RCD 510. It has the red MFD, my question is will I be able to use BT to play music from phone and what module do I need to get as there are many part no. Floating around. I've also seen lumes that appear to plug and play that do not need to be joined like in this guide, I'm assuming these have been released since this guide? Thanks for any help you can provide.

karakus

Dec 25, 2015
I have Bluetooth on my 56 leon sport TDI but I have to connect manually every time I get into the car. Is this normal?

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Hi all,

Bringing up the past I know, but I've just bought an RCD310 (Bluetooth compatible) for my FL Leon. Aside from the DAB antenna it's a straight plug-and-play unit as far as I can see...

I'm trying to price up putting a BT unit in the car (the OEM one as at the start of this thread...) but was wondering if you still need to make a load of connectors/wires for the FL like you do with the pre-FL?

I've already got the MFD display and the buttons for the phone on my steering wheel, but don't have the kit installed.

Help required please and thanks !! :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.